• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro 400g

CamoMan

I wanted to give a rubber boot a try for mid to late season due to lack of good experiences with other boots not lasting more than a couple seasons before they lost their waterproofness. The Alphaburly has been great so far. The fit is very good. I am an 11.5 and got a 12 due to them not making half sizes and it fits very well. It is tight in the ankle and can make it difficult to get off, but not having laces to secure the boot it has to be this way. This is my first pair of rubber boots and I have not found that they make my feet sweaty any more so compared to other boots. I started to wear a merino wool liner sock with another merino wool sock over them and my feet have stayed warm down into the teens while in the saddle for a few hours. I suspect for colder temperatures I would want more insulation, but I wanted a more versatile boot. They are a little more bulky compared to other boots I have worn in the past, but I don't find them too large or cumbersome. I'm also able to walk on uneven terrain just fine and the traction is phenomenal in snow and icy conditions. The strap on the upper part that tightens them up is great for keeping warmth in and a snug fit and if you need more air flow you can just loosen them up and are still comfortable to walk in. I don't have much on durability as I have only had them for a couple months, but there are no issues so far. I am highly impressed with them for my first rubber boot and would highly recommend for anyone looking for a rubber boot!

I bought a pair of Lacrosse Aerohunters. They leaked badly after the first year. Bought another pair and one of them squeaks so bad I cannot wear it bowhunting. Their Warranty is for one year. That's One hunting season. Plenty expensive for one season.

My first pair of Burleys lasted me ten years. I picked up a pair of Aerohunters this season and they felt great but leaked at the rubber to neoprene seam after one use so I sent them back. I tried on a pair of alpha burleys and was satisfied with them so I bought a pair discounted. I hope they hold up as well as my last ones.

Back