• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Method - is it comfortable for you?

Dirk Dangler

I really want to love this saddle, I’m not sure if I’m doing it wrong or if I’m just too big for it. Very curious about other’s experience with it.

No it wasn’t. Others shared the same complaints. What size are ya? What issue are you experiencing?

I didn't like it but I probably didn't give it a fair chance either. Sat in it for 10 minutes and then sold it. The person that bought it from me has already sold it as well.

No it wasn’t. Others shared the same complaints. What size are ya? What issue are you experiencing?
It bites me where the bottom panel comes around my leg/hip. I’m 36” waste. 230#, 6’3” First time I tried it was a solid no-go. I adjusted it a little and had a better experience the second time, but still not great. I may be doubting how good oplux really is for a bridge too, it seems to bite in on the biner and not want to slide as you pivot.

I’m going to give it another shot before I give up all together, It’s got some great features, I feel like they’re really close to a good saddle with the method. All that said...I am still shopping for something different to practice with and shoot out of. I had such a good experience with the TX5 boys on a tether purchase I went ahead and signed up for their waiting list. That could be a while though.

Maybe adjust the prusiks up on the bridge loops? That will take pressure off on the bottom panel. I’m 5’10” and about 220lbs with a size 38 waist and I’m comfortable in it. Are you a leaner or sitter?

Maybe adjust the prusiks up on the bridge loops? That will take pressure off on the bottom panel. I’m 5’10” and about 220lbs with a size 38 waist and I’m comfortable in it. Are you a leaner or sitter?
Comfort is relative. What’s your idea of comfort? Bearable for 4 hours? No adjustment at all? No pinch or hot spots in any places? That’s question is to both you and OP.

I'm right there with you, I really wanted to love this saddle but it was just too small for my 36" waist. I sat in it for a few hours and had constant hip pinch so I decided to move on. If it comes in a larger size I'll consider it.

I wasn’t a fan of the method. I could not get comfortable. I absolutely love the classic though.

It bites me where the bottom panel comes around my leg/hip. I’m 36” waste. 230#, 6’3” First time I tried it was a solid no-go. I adjusted it a little and had a better experience the second time, but still not great. I may be doubting how good oplux really is for a bridge too, it seems to bite in on the biner and not want to slide as you pivot.

I had the same issues you're describing and I am a 34" waist. I spent an entire day in it and made every adjustment possible. Some adjustments made it bearable but nothing made it as comfortable as my Kite or other saddles I've tried, so I sold it. For me personally it was just a little too small but, they are supposedly coming out with a larger size at some point.

Comfort is relative. What’s your idea of comfort? Bearable for 4 hours? No adjustment at all? No pinch or hot spots in any places? That’s question is to both you and OP.
To me it’s the most comfortable saddle that I’ve had. I’ve had a Kestrel, Mantis, JX3, Kestrel Flex, and now the Method. I’m more of a leaner though and I love the back support that I get from it. I usually do 3-6 hour hunts at a time, unless if it’s the rut. Do I have to make some adjustments during the hunt? Sometimes, that’s why they have them. I’m just trying to help him out. If he’s feeling a pinch on the bottom panel, maybe move the prusiks up on the bridge loops to relieve the pinch?

To me it’s the most comfortable saddle that I’ve had. I’ve had a Kestrel, Mantis, JX3, Kestrel Flex, and now the Method. I’m more of a leaner though and I love the back support that I get from it. I usually do 3-6 hour hunts at a time, unless if it’s the rut. Do I have to make some adjustments during the hunt? Sometimes, that’s why they have them. I’m just trying to help him out. If he’s feeling a pinch on the bottom panel, maybe move the prusiks up on the bridge loops to relieve the pinch?
Yea I’m not knocking you for trying to help him out. I was just saying he might be thinking comfort is 6 hours without moving and like you said you’re relatively comfortable with a few adjustments over that timespan.

I see a lot of new people getting into saddle hunting thinking it’s this new found comfort that the world never knew and it’s almost always not the case.

I had to adjust quite frequently and developed hip pinch with the rope belt. It wasn’t a bearable “comfort” for me.

I’m a 40 waist and have had no issues with comfort. Not sure I like a 2 panel for one sticking or SRT though.

I would like for it not to hurt.
I’m 6’3 and 225 and had a similar issue. A lineman buddy of mine bought one and brought it in bragging about it being the best saddle on the market. It looked awesome. The camo and webbing. It had no waist belt just a rope with a slider knot to hold it to you. I played with the hitches on the bridge but no matter what I felt the bottom strap digging into my legs. I refuse to knock any saddle because there are some great ones out there but aero hunter kestrel flex and cruzr have gained popularity for those expansion pleats. More material equals more weight distribution (in most cases)... I guess for my personal comfort there is no replacement for displacement!

I appreciate all the comments here. I currently have a Recon which I find pretty comfortable, and had been thinking of the Lat Meth as a logical next step for improvement. Sounds like that may not be the case.

I'm right there with you, I really wanted to love this saddle but it was just too small for my 36" waist. I sat in it for a few hours and had constant hip pinch so I decided to move on. If it comes in a larger size I'll consider it.
Are you talking about 36" waist measured with a tape measure or are you referring to pant sizing?

Back