• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude X-Wing

rswink

Saw something about this. Anybody heard anything about it?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Heck if it is a xwing will probably fly you up the tree too. Won't even need sticks with that platform.

All kidding aside I think I am gonna give it a try when it comes out. I think it will be pretty comfortable to use. One of my local shops is a latitude dealer so when he gets some in I will give it a try and decide from there.

There are some videos on YouTube from ATA. Supposedly it’s under 1lb.

Sub 1? Where did you hear that? If so that's pretty dang impressive.

I thought I heard between 2-3 as it's cast and not carbon fiber. Comparing it to other lightweight items that almost seems impossible. Now I'm curious again haha.

I would say it is probably in the 2-3 range. Looks machined aluminum not cast. No way it is under 1. The post alone probably weighs almost that much.

One of my hunting buddies just got back from the Huntin’ Time Expo in Grand Rapids which is Latitude’s hometown and they had a booth with a demo. They said 2.5-ish but they don’t want that number set in stone yet as they’re still making finishing touches.

I’m said it’s not sub 1 but that was honestly a pipe dream for me, with that said I am interested to see how it finishes up.

I wish this thing had slanted wing tips (front edges). I know that's economically ridiculous, but it would be awesome.

Last edited:
Even at 2.5# I think I will take a hard look at it once available. As a ROS/BOS guy who has tried platforms, I think it will fill a void we have been trying to fill, or atleast for myself. I still prefer a ROS but they're are times when I'd like to stand up with my feet together, especially when in a large or crooked tree. I've really put alot of thought into this lately and I think the perfect solution would be something with a small (6x8,8x6) platform centered between 2 pegs that would basically be the equivalent of a ROS. I think the positioning of the steps/pegs (angle, recession) will be key for comfort. All of that would be amazing at or under 1lb but 2lb or so is acceptable in this age of ultralight.

Same thoughts I have, a place to stand and turn around to water the greens might also help.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

You could run a tree suit like this and it would be similar. Maybe even better.

426CBCC6-2931-4FC0-92AE-468C8DA6C36B.png

Anyone get one yet? Looks like the "July/August" shipping is looking more like August.

Back