• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Leg straps?

fowltrouble2

Next season will be my first saddle experience. I’m in the process of buying/building a setup for saddle hunting. I ordered the webbing to have a wraptor sewn up. Now I’m thinking I may just purchase an H2 or a used saddle instead of getting a wraptor sewn up. I am curious on all of your thoughts on the leg straps. I see some saddles with it and some without and The trophy line straps aren’t adjustable. How necessary and or useful are the leg straps on a saddle and would i benefit from making sure my first saddle has them? I’ve learned so much reading the forums and i appreciate all of your help!

I have the H2 saddle. Only one I’ve tried/owned so far. It has the legs straps. I think they’re more of a security thing than anything. A lot of people say you don’t need them. I don’t think you need them either but personally I like having them just because it feels like the saddle holds better to you. If you’re not a fan of heights either like me, they help make you feel better too. I would say get the straps if you have the option and if you don’t like them you can just cut them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Kestrel and a Kite. I didn’t like the leg straps but rather than cut them off I tied them up out of the way until I was sure I didn’t want them. That being said I cut the straps off of both saddles
I had a Mantis and tied the straps up on it but felt uncomfortable without them. So I guess for me anyway it depends on the saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back