• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lighten up

rutjr

I think one on the heavy parts of my system is the tether and lineman’s rope. I have them in my sys pouch on the side of the Kestrel and that’s what I feel while walking. I watched a video of @Nutterbuster and he used tubular webbings for his tether and bridge. I copied his system and all I can say is wow!
5d271522de9ceab78848c82dede43c56.jpg

ce741b6d01118d0a27c99397520f4e22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on the lineman’s. It’s really the only heavy part of my whole system. Saving pennies for one of Tethrd’s so at least the knots in mine will be gone. I switched to their tree tether recently and the difference in weight from my HSS ropes is astronomical. It only takes up 1/3 of my dump pouch, while the LB sticks out of the top while rolled up in there. I took to slinging the LB around my shoulders after watching DIY Sportsman do it, and for now it’s my preference for even weight distribution.

It's a small package, ain't it?

Just be sure to monitor it for wear and tear, and be confident of your knots and stitching.

@DelaWhere_Arrow I have some 8mm rope I'm no longer using. If you'd like, we can figure out something and I'll ship it to you. I have 2 pieces I think. One for a linemans and one for a tether. I don't think I'll ever go back to a bigger rope.

Just be sure to monitor it for wear and tear, and be confident of your knots and stitching.

@DelaWhere_Arrow I have some 8mm rope I'm no longer using. If you'd like, we can figure out something and I'll ship it to you. I have 2 pieces I think. One for a linemans and one for a tether. I don't think I'll ever go back to a bigger rope.

Yeah small package for sure and I can't believe how inexpensive it is. As far as wear and tear , knots and stuff I'll keep an eye on that.

I think one on the heavy parts of my system is the tether and lineman’s rope. I have them in my sys pouch on the side of the Kestrel and that’s what I feel while walking. I watched a video of @Nutterbuster and he used tubular webbings for his tether and bridge. I copied his system and all I can say is wow!
5d271522de9ceab78848c82dede43c56.jpg

ce741b6d01118d0a27c99397520f4e22.jpg

What is the nite-ize Sbiner for??

Thanks Nutter! I’ll PM you when I get out of the tree tonight. Good looking out!

Did you sew the continuous loop on the tubular webbing yourself? If you bought it, where?

I sewed it myself. I bought the tubular webbing at strapworks.com .36 cents a foot the most expensive thing was the ansi cobra frame release d-ring. It was $20.50 shipping from AustriAlpin Inc in Canada was $15. Lol.

Last edited:
I’ve been playing with it all summer. That reminds me I need to silence it tonight. The roller piece in the middle of the d ring is noisy. The webbing I have been using is noisy as well. I think blue water will be quieter.

I’ve been playing with it all summer. That reminds me I need to silence it tonight. The roller piece in the middle of the d ring is noisy. The webbing I have been using is noisy as well. I think blue water will be quieter.
Silencing it is easy. Cut a narrow strip of vet wrap and wrap the mess out of it. That'll keep it from moving side to side and free spinning. Mine is 100% quiet.

I think I will end up with similar on my DIY JX3.

I have used the same setup on my kestrel, kite, jx3, and tactisaddle. I am so attached to the one piece combo that I'm not sure I could switch. The only thing I've seen that intrigues me is the trophyline's belt/bridge combo. I like the idea of that, since it keeps the bridge out of sight and mind until you want it, like my current rig.

Do you guys back up with anything? Currently running a ropeman for the SD and a friction for the RCH. If I were to go with a web tether, any suggestions for attaching the RCH for safety?

Last edited:
I’m backing up with my lb for now. I don’t see me ever having a problem with it the webbing.

I’m backing up with my lb for now. I don’t see me ever having a problem with it the webbing.

I think the webbing is solid. I was more concerned with the ansi d ring device. Assume you have to keep it under some tension?

I think the webbing is solid. I was more concerned with the ansi d ring device. Assume you have to keep it under some tension?

I use a ring of steps so it’s under tension from the time I put my weight on it until I hook my linesman’s back up getting ready to climb down.

Fashion show? Lol, I didn’t do it because I like the way it looks I did it to make it easier on this old man!

Fashion show? Lol, I didn’t do it because I like the way it looks I did it to make it easier on this old man!

my wife says it is a camo diaper, so no fashion for me

Back