• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lock-On Limit stand for a platform

WHW

Vendor Rep
I'm really enjoying the Kestrel, but not so much the ameristeps platform. Today on a whim, I tried using my lock-on Limit stand for a platform. It worked so good that I took the seat off of a spare Limit stand that I have and tried it. Worked even better. One of my main reasons for going to the saddle stand was for fall prevention safety. Even though I had confidence in my rock climbing harness I didn't want to ever actually need it. Using my Limit (without a seat) gives me the best of both worlds for portability, safety, comfort and excellent shooting positions. I can shoot sitting down, leaning or standing. The stand is only 6 pounds, very stable, easy to pack, and hang on a tree. Also, using the Limit I'll be able to use my spurs in the same manner I always have, which is a huge plus. I think I'm on to something.

Why not try the Lock-on limit seat on a custom post? You'd be able to knock that 6lb weight down by over 60% to 2ish lbs. Would that work? A treestand platform seems like it would be too big for saddle use.

Why not try the Lock-on limit seat on a custom post? You'd be able to knock that 6lb weight down by over 60% to 2ish lbs. Would that work? A treestand platform seems like it would be too big for saddle use.

Pinebarens, is correct. This is a 12 year old picture of my Limit. Not much to work with in regards of using the seat for a post.

TzFtIqo.jpg

I made a hunt using the seat less Limit this evening. The only issue that I had was the height of the two vertical columns. The tops were located perfectly between my knee contact with the tree. I believe the Limit's smaller brother.. the Windwalker would be perfect. But, it's not enough of a problem to keep me from using the Limit as a platform the way it is. It was nice being able to stand up straight on a familiar surface to do what it takes to get set up and prepare to climb down.

That's the beauty of it.... yuiu design whay works best for you.... you might make changes at dune point, we all do, just keep tweaking until you get it just right for How you hunt

Back