• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Locked brummel saddle bridge

I'm not sure how you could actually attach this to lineman loop without having the other tag end free. Or cutting the stitching on your saddle.

I'll add a caveat that of course you can still do it you just need a biner still on one side and the loop can be made if you already have the first brummel on your linemans loop of your saddle.

I'll add a caveat that of course you can still do it you just need a biner still on one side and the loop can be made if you already have the first brummel on your linemans loop of your saddle.
That is of course if it is a fixed length bridge. However if you make it adjustable like a whoopie sling you can essentially lose 2 carabineers.

Screenshot_20190718-181550.pngI just built this today, actually turned a dyneema dog bone into an adjustable bridge onto my lineman loops. Lost 2 carabiners.

Actually has 12" of adjustment

So you just send the loop end back up thru the center of the rope? How is it secured beyond that? Does it lock down on itself? Or are you just expecting the brummel on the tag loop to stop the rope from coming back thru in case of a fall or something.

Last edited:
So you just send the loop end back up thru the center of the rope? How is it secured beyond that? Does it lock down on itself? Or are you just expecting the brummel on the tag loop to stop the rope from coming back thru in case of a fall or something.
Ok, first I spliced a locked brummel on the tag end (this will later be pulled through the core to create the whoopie).
Second, splice a locked brummel onto one loop of your lineman loops.
Third, run your tag end brummel through the other lineman loops, and bury into and out of the core.

The reason I used a double locked brummel (dog bone) to creat my whoopie - it's an added fail safe.

For all intent and purposes it will probably be fine. Just remember the 3.5 fid bury length recommended by Samson is around 18”.
You're correct. However, I need a decently short bridge for my DRT climbing. Knowing that and knowing I couldn't get the bury I truly wanted, I added the fail safe if the locked brummel on the tag end. Not shown in the picture, I lock the brummel to the binder along with the bridge. It held my 235 lbs yesterday just fine while DRT climbing.

Disclaimer just because I trust my life with my DIY apperatice doesn't mean you should! Do your research and do the testing.

That's what I've been thinking about doing. Trying out SRT this year and looking for a short bridge. Can you tell me your measurements?
I can't quite remember off the top of my head, I can pull some measurements for you when I get home from work.

That would be great. I've got some amsteel left over from other projects, just wondering if I have enough or need more

Back