• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf Ambush back in stock

gumby

I seen where the Ambush Platform is back in stock, does anyone know if the issues of the Platform have been addressed before restocking?

I would think they have it fixed. Still waiting on replacement post.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On the last lone wolf custom podcast they talked about this. I believe these will have the machined posts. The same ones that are being sent out as replacements for the originals. After this run they are changing the manufacture all together. Id imagine after this run there will be a long wait to get in on the next. Watch there latest podcast but I’m pretty sure that’s what Andre said.

If they have the holes all drilled straight I would order another but I am waiting to see. I don’t want to go through that again. I have my fingers crossed Tethrd will reveal a little larger predator next Thursday.

Would love to get my replacement post before they ship out new platforms and post to new customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered another. I hope they have the stick mounting holes hole they are on the site with this new manufacturer and not how the way they were on mine. They would work better for me having those 2 in the top of the teeth.

I ordered another. I hope they have the stick mounting holes hole they are on the site with this new manufacturer and not how the way they were on mine. They would work better for me having those 2 in the top of the teeth.

I’m pretty sure In the podcast I listened too this is the same manufacture as the first batch. They said after this run they were moving to a new manufacture.

I’m pretty sure In the podcast I listened too this is the same manufacture as the first batch. They said after this run they were moving to a new manufacture.

I emailed them about it and they responded:

“All of the issues are resolved with the new platforms as these were made at our new manufacturer where we will be switching over to in 2020.”

I emailed them about it and they responded:

“All of the issues are resolved with the new platforms as these were made at our new manufacturer where we will be switching over to in 2020.”
I can see resolving the drilling problems, but my biggest concern was the popping it made when moving on it, will that be corrected?

I can see resolving the drilling problems, but my biggest concern was the popping it made when moving on it, will that be corrected?

The popping was caused by the holes being off and them not being able shim the post tight. They needed the play for the platform to move a little to fold it. If the holes are drilled straight you can shim it tight and it won’t pop.

I think that with all the holes drilled off center & / or at a slight angle on the post, that was creating alot of issues, including some of the popping issues. I've used mine now a few times, and I really like the size. There is no disputing that the platform does have a little flex when you get to the outside edge of it, however, I've found that if I need to rotate that far around the tree, I put one foot on top of the post and the other on the edge. Camming it over is a little different than with my predator, but if you use the process shown on their site, you can really get it tightened down.

Glad they got the holes fixed i ordered 1 on 12-26. Can't wait to try it out.

The popping was caused by the holes being off and them not being able shim the post tight. They needed the play for the platform to move a little to fold it. If the holes are drilled straight you can shim it tight and it won’t pop.

You will have to report back when you get yours.. I love the idea of that platform and the minis but ended up buying an assassin due to all the issues people were posting about. I hope they get it right this time.

You will have to report back when you get yours.. I love the idea of that platform and the minis but ended up buying an assassin due to all the issues people were posting about. I hope they get it right this time.

Where did you get an assassin from? I haven't seen any for sale.

Where did you get an assassin from? I haven't seen any for sale.

Facebook post, fellow I bought it off of is on here as well.. so far I’m pretty happy with it. Would like to try out an ambush if they do have them fixed. Would also like to see a predator xl.
515c6bb3e5482c6652495cdd34d68f36.jpg
62475c48bbb74a95fde5cd59cd43f201.jpg

066ef275c822a75491fc091e442ae4c0.jpg

Back