• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf Assassin Saddle?

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Who has one? Or has anybody played with anything similar? I've enjoyed using the ambush platform this year, and would kinda like to try one out. Also curious if anybody has diyed one out of a battle belt and a riggers belt? Or something similar?

Screenshot_20200107-084416_Gallery.jpg

Why not just hunt out of a big wall rch? That's literally how nice hunted off my WW for years....

Don't we expect LWCG to come out with a harness at some point?

To me it looks like if you add a LM belt/loop to a battle belt type of thing, connect a bridge from LM loops, you essentially have what is pictured.

Combinging with a RCH seems wise.

Just traded some gear for an Assassin cant wait to get it and try it out.

Don't we expect LWCG to come out with a harness at some point?

To me it looks like if you add a LM belt/loop to a battle belt type of thing, connect a bridge from LM loops, you essentially have what is pictured.

Combinging with a RCH seems wise.
Yeah, I kinda want to do it with a fanny pack. Trying to see the easiest way to add a rated waist strap and loops to one. I don't run leg loops, so I think it would be doable and comparable to what I'm currently using.

I have one. Haven’t had the time to tinker with it yet. If you’d like I’ll send it to you so you can get your hands on it. I don’t see myself picking it up for a few weeks.

I bought the platform 12 years ago and am still using it. Never like the harness so I just used a trophy line saddle. It’s basically just designed for standing like a lineman belt. I think i still have it if you want it.

I have one. Haven’t had the time to tinker with it yet. If you’d like I’ll send it to you so you can get your hands on it. I don’t see myself picking it up for a few weeks.
That'd be awesome! I might hate it in 5 minutes, or I might be down another goose chase. I'll shoot you a pm.

I sold mine last year. One for $800 and the other for $600. Both ahead of the release of the LWCG version. :tearsofjoy:

Yeah, I kinda want to do it with a fanny pack. Trying to see the easiest way to add a rated waist strap and loops to one. I don't run leg loops, so I think it would be doable and comparable to what I'm currently using.

It's crystal clear to me...

Get the BB with custom LB from DanO (coming soon)... add a fanny pack. Thinking the syle of fanny pack that has the romavable belt that slides out, so you can slide in your BB. Or simply put a molle pouch, like the TL pouch on the back.

It's crystal clear to me...

Get the BB with custom LB from DanO (coming soon)... add a fanny pack. Thinking the syle of fanny pack that has the romavable belt that slides out, so you can slide in your BB. Or simply put a molle pouch, like the TL pouch on the back.
That's kinda my thoughts. Although...

If you just did the belt and skipped the fsnny pack, you could theoretically find a way to use the belt as a kidney belt to compliment the shoulder straps I have on the platform during transport. Then detach it for use as a harness once you were at the tree.

That's kinda my thoughts. Although...

If you just did the belt and skipped the fsnny pack, you could theoretically find a way to use the belt as a kidney belt to compliment the shoulder straps I have on the platform during transport. Then detach it for use as a harness once you were at the tree.

You asked for the fanny pack! Personally I would never run a fanny pack... only "action satchels" for me.

I could see a way to combine the belt and the shoulder straps... but I can also imagine a lot of fiddle being introduced... trying to leave the belt on while taking the platform off...

Get a treehopper belt and velcro a molle 2 kidney belt on the inside.

Back