• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf Custom Gear Kuhnert Ambush Bent bolt/Fix

Boomstick300

Just got this platform today. I’m very impressed with the workmanship and the stand itself seems very stout! However, This is a result of my first go. It happened with my issued strap that came with the platform. I’m 6’3” and weigh 223. I simply set the platform on to the tree as you would any stand and stepped onto the platform and the original bolt that acts as a Versa Button bent pretty severely. I’m assuming it’s because very little of the bolt is supporting the tension of the straps and/or rope. (I would be interested to know if this is occurring with guys and gals who have had the sticks-If they are suffering the same issue concerning the original bolt). This is how I decided to go in order to fix it. Please let me know your thoughts and your opinions on the fix?

994055b34f7ce9a1acdee7624c393a18.jpg
bcf1dd249991219a5ae412ee93d85e09.jpg
b61fc9f68710304b5a16ada87e4ed7cc.jpg
a8fc3032de06204441a39fd03a4ac9f8.jpg
2efc62b077039d7cb9337e7fa32de947.jpg
20d3559f78ae17600784bb70e430192d.jpg
619dca38a455d9f5f19eea17b873d19d.jpg

f3f68c8a950b23c560a41f19c0d177ea.jpg

0d590f40cd0c8e34b6b530889df683aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7a6028634a68e45e6481a61df828bafa.jpg

Pic above is me attaching my Sterling Flex 8mm Rope after it had already bent with the issued strap and before the fix.

Last edited:
Well, that's comforting. I would email LWCG with pictures. I planned on replacing that elevator bolt with DanO's AlumiButton. Which is in my opinion the best button on the market. Lightweight, strong, made out of aluminum, hex bolt recesses into the button and does not snag on daisy chains, and just looks bad ass.

Well, that's comforting. I would email LWCG with pictures. I planned on replacing that elevator bolt with DanO's AlumiButton. Which is in my opinion the best button on the market. Lightweight, strong, made out of aluminum, hex bolt recesses into the button and does not snag on daisy chains, and just looks bad ass.

Skyjacker-I have those as well and I think they’re great-I will order another one from DanO just for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that were mine I would be going to a bolt through the side to get rid of the buttons then use rope or amsteel. You tie it off like a boat cleat. It’s awesome!

If you folks are ordering from DanO you might want to confirm that the bolt is long enough. I took a bolt off my old LW stick along with aluminum “Versa Button” from DanO and it was too short. The Ambush post is almost 1 1/4” I believe. Not home right now to measure. I would also like to order another aluminum button from DanO. Hopefully he can source a longer bolt. I’m actually much happier with the button. No indication of flex with the modification. Still folds up just as flat! I’m sure that kept as is and with original bolt the hole in the post would eventually wallow out.

Last edited:
If you folks are ordering from DanO you might want to confirm that the bolt is long enough. I took a bolt of my old LW stick along with aluminum “Versa Button” from DanO and it was too short. The Ambush post is almost 1 1/4” I believe. Not home right now to measure. I would also like to order another aluminum button from DanO. Hopefully he can source a longer bolt. I’m actually much happier with the button. No indication of flex with the modification. Still folds up just as flat! I’m sure that kept as is and with original bolt the hole in the post would eventually wallow out.

Can someone send me the measurement for the depth of the K Ambush post? Thanks.

Mine arrives tomorrow. I think I may just call and return it. Been using my gen predator for 2 years without 1 issue

I feel like if they are bending 1st use them they had to be aware of this issue

Yep, with the standard AlumiButton bolt (1.75") it would be just over 1/8" too short. I can easily swap this for a 2" bolt which is used with the climbing stick standoff.

I got mine in... arrived while I was hunting. It's a winter wonderland here, probably won't get a chance to try it until tomorrow. That's ridiculous that the bolt is bending.

Back