• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone wolf hand climber top

twobiscuit

SH Member
Hello everyone. I'm about to take the plunge and see what all this saddle hunting is about. I'm torn between the mantis and the Kestrel flex. The size chart for the mantis says that I can use a large or possibly the xl. I aim 6' and between 230 and 240 lbs depending on the season. I've read that I need to go up a size on the mantis but am a little worried that the xl might be too big. I'm pretty sure I'd want a size 2 kestrel. Also, I have a lone wolf hand climber top that I never use and was thinking that I could modify it to be my platform. Surely this can be done right? Does anyone have any pictures of how they attached a post to the top so that it can be used like a predator platform? Thanks for any and all help
Doug

no need to mount it on a post.

watch all three and go from there.

I have watched both of those videos. I'm wanting more of a platform and not so much of a climbing aid. I have several xop sticks to climb with and instead of buying a predator platform, I was gonna see if y'all had diy'ed a hand climber top

Just bought my parts to build one from eastern mountain outdoors. DanO is the guy to talk to. I am using a Lone Wolf seat. DanO has all the tubing, standoffs, versa buttons, anything you need. I am getting my steps and ultra lite standoffs maybe tomorrow. I am Modifying my Muddy Pro sticks from 3lbs down to 2 lbs. I will post pics of the process and completion.

Back