• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf step mods | advice needed

Pattywhacker

I jumped on a few sets of lone wolf sticks last year and sold my helium sticks. Now that I’ve made the move to saddle hunting I’d rather have my top stick have steps on BOTH sides of the stick for better maneuverability when hunting from my platform and setting up my set. Who’s modded these and where’d you get your steps?

I am working on a set right now.I bought a set of API sticks with some gift cards from BassPro.Matter of fact i need to get out there and finish the last 2.I just robbed the steps to use on my LW sticks.Gonna put the LW steps back on the API tubes to have an extra set for presets.They are a good bit heavier

Yes, Eastern Woods Outdoors or DoubleSteps.com

Probably won't have anodized parts in stock for a couple weeks at the earliest. If you need specific information PM me or use the contact form on my website as we can't conduct customer service on the open forum here. Thanks!

I put DanO's double steps on the tops and bottoms of all my full length LW climbing sticks and enjoy the sticks so much more now. I recently hunted a cold snap where I was hanging my set in 20 degree weather in the dark at 5 am in pacboots. Without the added comfort of the double steps I don't know if I would have attempted this in the dark or at all in pacboots.

Back