• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lonewolf Custom's Ambush

Nugget

Does anyone know what's going on with Lonewolf Custom's new Ambush platform? It's almost Aug now!

Brad was hoping to have it ready for a show this coming weekend. From my perspective, the company is swamped and preoccupied with the stand and sticks, and Brad is doing most of the legwork for the Ambush on his own. I’ll get an update...

The Ambush will be at DeerFest in West Bend this weekend. Doubtful that there will be any for sale, but the model that he’ll have there should be very close to the production model. Some mods have been made to increase functionality and decrease weight from the Ambush displayed at ATA in January.

Tell me he is NOT makng it any smaller.
Please inform about an expected availability.
Thanks.

Sounds like the platform dimensions are the same. Modifications were in the post and leveling mechanism. They will be taking orders this weekend.

Not yet. The show should be the first opportunity if the production design is finalized. I would expect pre-order availability on the website shortly after, if everything goes to plan.

Not yet. The show should be the first opportunity if the production design is finalized. I would expect pre-order availability on the website shortly after, if everything goes to plan.
Thanks for the feedback. Please check in if you hear anything further.

Wanted to provide a quick update after talking to Brad today:

He’s still trying to work out final details on the leveling and post of the platform. Originally, they were going to cast the platform and water jet the post. Todd Pringnitz, who passed away tragically this spring, was leading up the cast manufacturing. With Todd’s passing, things got really jumbled. Now, the platform will be water jetted. The new manufacturing process has required some design changes, and since Brad doesn’t live near the manufacturer, the process of tweaking and approving designs has been slow. Further, recent deaths in the family and family health issues have compounded the delay.

The water jet platform should come in around 4.5lbs, which is about a pound lighter than the cast prototype. The final design will be about 16.5” or 16.75” wide, which is about an inch smaller than the cast model displayed at ATA. But, it will be about an inch deeper, so total platform area is the same.

LWCG as a whole is swamped. They’re currently utilizing 7 water jet machines in an effort to keep up with stand and stick orders. It does sound like Andre has been putting more time in with the platform recently, though, so that should help speed things up. They’re still hoping to have a final product by season, but I doubt they’ll be ready to serve all but the very first customers in time for season openers. Still unclear if there will be a preorder or if they’ll wait until they have product in-stock. The saddle/sling that they’re going to bring to market will likely be available around the end of the year.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like we're not going to have this one for the fall.

The final design will be about 16.5” or 16.75” wide, which is about an inch smaller than the cast model displayed at ATA. But, it will be about an inch deeper, so total platform area is the same.
Bummer. Platform width is more important than depth on my book. Thanks for keeping us updated though.

This is the one LWCG piece that has my attention, but it costs almost as much as my whole Assault II setup. That’s a bit of an issue for me. I have had Assassin envy since my first hunting season, when they stopped manufacturing them, but not that badly.

Bummer. Platform width is more important than depth on my book. Thanks for keeping us updated though.

We'll agree do disagree on that one. To me the appeal of a platform is being able to stand up and execute what is known as the "pivot shot". Also I just plain stand on the platform a lot because its comfortable and I like to and I do what I want. The depth aids both of those endeavors more than width.

This is the one LWCG piece that has my attention, but it costs almost as much as my whole Assault II setup. That’s a bit of an issue for me. I have had Assassin envy since my first hunting season, when they stopped manufacturing them, but not that badly.

Same deal for me. I have the Predator and a DIY Klemz, both of similar size. While great platforms, in my view they are built for shorter sits, nimble feet, and warm weather. Admittedly having not tried it, it's not hard for me to imagine a larger platform option being better for cold, long days.

I've been so close to buying as Assassin but they are such a rip off just due to the limited supply. The Ambush looks to be priced up there too, and I'm concerned with the QC issues. You'd have to think eventually we'll have more options in larger sizes, I've been rooting for Predator XL, but for now the weight weenies are driving the market.

I have the hand climber and it’s about the same size. It is a great size if weight isn’t important to you. Of course that weight will not include the strap and final design at least so far for lwcg has been heavier than originally anticipated. The same can be said for most manufacturers.

Just got off the phone with Brad, designer of the LWCG Ambush:

LWCG as a whole is almost caught up with orders - they expect to be caught up within 2 weeks. With LWCG catching up on stands and sticks, they're pulling one of the water jet machines and dedicating it to the production of the Ambush platform.

LWCG expects to make an announcement regarding the platform within a week or so, so keep your eyes on your inboxes and their social platforms. Ideally, if things go to plan, they'll start taking orders for the platform in about 2 weeks. They're hoping to have 150-200 units ready to go, so no back-orders, initially!

Just got off the phone with Brad, designer of the LWCG Ambush:

LWCG as a whole is almost caught up with orders - they expect to be caught up within 2 weeks. With LWCG catching up on stands and sticks, they're pulling one of the water jet machines and dedicating it to the production of the Ambush platform.

LWCG expects to make an announcement regarding the platform within a week or so, so keep your eyes on your inboxes and their social platforms. Ideally, if things go to plan, they'll start taking orders for the platform in about 2 weeks. They're hoping to have 150-200 units ready to go, so no back-orders, initially!

Do we know the price point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listed on the website as $279.99 currently. I suspect that's pretty accurate. Possibly some float one way or another depending on the final design.

Back