• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Long live the beard

JCLINE84

Vendor Rep
I suppose I’m still allowed to post in the DIY section as long as I’m working on something unique and not for sale. And you guys that know @Red Beard know he’s a pretty unique guy. He’s been a great friend to me so I thought I’d make him something special to show him how much I appreciate him. I knew it would take something truly unique to get him out of that old Evo saddle he loves so much. I told him to pick out the materials he wanted and of course he picked something that got me out of my comfort zone right out of the gate. But as it came together it actually started to grow on me. He hasn’t seen the finished product so I thought I’d surprise him with it here before I ship it.

Attachments

• D9B29618-B943-4F00-B6B9-19ACB529E3A4.png
    D9B29618-B943-4F00-B6B9-19ACB529E3A4.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 371
  • 158CE61E-E333-44AC-AE0A-61EA60318540.png
    158CE61E-E333-44AC-AE0A-61EA60318540.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 369
Wow that is totally awesome!!! What a great gesture, What Is that awesome bead pattern? Sioux, Blackfoot, Chippewa, I think RB hails from PA, so maybe Susquehannock? That is a great idea for saddles hint, hint!!!

[mention]Red Beard [/mention] - I know you’re a BIG fan of your AH Evo - very curious to hear what you think of the Transformer compared to your baby!

I owned the Evo and liked it a lot but preferred the Kestrel when it came out. Actually sold my Evo to [mention]JCLINE84 [/mention]a few years ago! (Curious where that saddle is now, Jamie!) I now have a couple of DIY Transformer clones and it is a super comfortable design. Definitely a step up from the Evo!

Awesome job Jamie. I think the part everyone is missing is, should a deer spot this when passing by, they will be so memorized by the brilliant colors and craftsmanship that they will stand in complete AW struck for several minutes. Thus allowing the perfect kill shot every time. I think we finally have a REAL game changer is the saddle world. This will Change the way you hunt! Step a side you timber pimps. There a new Sheriff in town.

I have this saddle hanging in the shop and I can still see it when I turn the lights off :sunglasses:. I really do hope he likes it. He’s been there to let me rant, worry, and bounce ideas no matter how busy he is. If I’m ever struggling with what direction to go I call up @Red Beard. His compass is true north for sure.

Back