• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Long spur longbeard

catman529

I don’t post here much outside of deer season cause I don’t think much about saddles or treestands when I’m turkey hunting or fishing.

But for those who don’t know me, turkey hunting is life... it’s right up there with deer hunting, neck and neck, I almost might favor turkey hunting over deer just because of how fun it is.

One of our own, Tim (denots) is visiting TN to try and kill his first turkey. We’ve come close a couple times, but no cigar yet...

Anyway here’s a bird I shot a couple days ago after watching him strut around with hens for a couple hours.

Right before he lost his hens, I let out a couple yelps to let him know I was there. Within a few minutes he was peeking into the overgrown fence row where I was setup. He snuck in close and I shot him at about 10 yards.

d4b116c1d7788270ba6fd02a091d6fd4.jpg

9bb0baa05f9c66991f703bf7660aeeb8.jpg

14d9ad05a19b273496b61479eabcb019.jpg

17242a0f5d0460832f70e5e7eb1a2ffe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is my first year Turkey hunting again in a while. Hope I can get one in the morning before work. Feel like a fish out of water. Just don't fully understand how they interact and pattern yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful bird, and they are some wicked hooks. I'm not much of a turkey hunter, not like I am a deer hunter, but i do love the spring woods here in Massachusetts. I like the gobble of a tom on the roost and the feeling that you get when he starts coming to the call. Congratulations on that one.

Man, those spurs are awesome! I’m a turkey guy too. I really like your YouTube stuff Jonathan! Nice to see good content from guys hunting public land.

Todd Perkins
-Regional Prostaff Manager for Mossy Oak
-Arcus Hunting Field Staff member
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, those spurs are awesome! I’m a turkey guy too. I really like your YouTube stuff Jonathan! Nice to see good content from guys hunting public land.

Todd Perkins
-Regional Prostaff Manager for Mossy Oak
-Arcus Hunting Field Staff member
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Todd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congratulations on a really nice bird. Those are truely awesome spurs. He didn't need to fly up to roost, he could just spur his way up the tree.:)

Great bird,awesome hooks.I wacked an ol boss hen with a 8.5 in beard opening day with my recurve and was told yesterday that she may be a state record for bearded hen for the NCBA. Love turkeys!

Awesome hooks on that bird. I’m more impressed by the fact that you use a wingbone also. There’s no other call made that can produce the tone or volume of a sweet wing. Ive used one for years when birds get called out by all the commercial call toting yahoos. Nice job.

Those are some HOOKS!!! I might prefer chasing turkey's myself. I really dig your channel. Your content is awesome! What were his measurments?

Back