• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Longtime lurker, new user from Michigan

hp33

Hey all

Finally decided to make the plunge and get more active in the community.

Lifelong whitetail Hunter from Michigan.
Most of my time is spent chasing deer out in the Manistee national forest, so saddle life is a good fit for me.

mostly doing DRT climbing and a few private trees with steps, sitting in a Latitude Method 2 panel.
(Gotta support an awesome local product)

Here’s a picture of last years buck as a bonus.

Attachments

• 6AB5E426-4DC6-4976-9836-5F373AA99DBF.jpeg
    6AB5E426-4DC6-4976-9836-5F373AA99DBF.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 50
Hey all

Finally decided to make the plunge and get more active in the community.

Lifelong whitetail Hunter from Michigan.
Most of my time is spent chasing deer out in the Manistee national forest, so saddle life is a good fit for me.

mostly doing DRT climbing and a few private trees with steps, sitting in a Latitude Method 2 panel.
(Gotta support an awesome local product)

Here’s a picture of last years buck as a bonus.

As a fellow MNF hunter...that buck there is a rare exception. Good job.

Welcome from Maine! How about letting us in on how you went about taking such a beautiful buck? Congrats.
As a fellow MNF hunter...that buck there is a rare exception. Good job.

Thanks!
Definitely rare to find a deer like this on MNF public.
It's a personal best for me and I'm very proud of it.

I would say the real key was a two week vacation from work..lol
I've got a bunch of small stuff that contributed, but the real key was just a ton of time scouting and sitting.

Thanks!
I actually live in SE Michigan now too, but hunt over on the West side.
Still trying to find a chunk over here that I can hunt on weekdays.
Lots of good places, the state game areas can be pretty good and are all within a couple hours from the metro detroit area. I've spent quite a bit of time in Cass city and Verona SGAs. I'm moving from sterling heights to the Lapeer area soon, so I plan to explore the Lapeer SGA pretty extensively this year since it will be so close.

Theres some campgrounds around, or during the deer season you can camp as long as you have a permit filled out. I did a duck and deer hunt at the beginning of the 2020 season up in Verona.

Back