• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for input; DIY Bono Case

mitch435

I’m interested in making a bono case, similar to the chest rig types you find on the market today.

my only question for those with sewing knowledge is how does one add rigidity to an item that is sewn together?

I plan on using cordura fabric on the outside, maybe on the inside as well. I’d like the side that is up against the chest to have some rigidity to it to help the case maintain its firm when the binos are not in it. Maybe the part against the chest to be more rigid, not quite the rigidity if molded plastic...and maybe some less rigid material to the other sides, perhaps some cotton batting.

anyone have thoughts?

Foam. Lots of options out there. You can buy sheets of craft foam at joanns.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back