• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lost/Left Behind/Forgotten

Jwiggins762

Im new to hunting public this year, and so far I've hunted about 13 times. Already have lost a thermacell, one of my cranford rope steps and a headlamp. Anyone else having or had these issues with losing things?

Thermacell x2 for me. The first time I left it on a branch while duck hunting. Gone when I went back some time later to look for it. Then just this year I lost another one. I have no idea where this years would be.

Oh yeah. Back in the day I lost cell phones, gloves, thermacells, hats, knives, you name it. It’s especially bad if you’re super mobile. As I’ve gotten my system and process down, however, I’ve lost less. I think it’s been about 4 years since I lost something in the woods now.

I grew up hunting with a club that would often drive deer and would carry a small lock on stand and two screw in steps to get up above the under brush. We would do 6 or 8 drives a day and i left SO MANY of those folding steps in trees across that property. Funny correlation though, days that i lost steps often lined up with days that i killed deer haha. This is my first year bow hunting and i lost an arrow off my quiver the other day.

Oh yeah. Back in the day I lost cell phones, gloves, thermacells, hats, knives, you name it. It’s especially bad if you’re super mobile. As I’ve gotten my system and process down, however, I’ve lost less. I think it’s been about 4 years since I lost something in the woods now.

Yea im definitely still trying to figure out my system, went to hunt yesterday evening running behind due to family matters and walked in about 150 yards and thought about my headlamp and couldnt find it in my pack, walked back to the truck and couldn't find it or any other ones. So i decided to not hunt and said to myself what i learned from this experience is always keep extra headlamps in the truck.

As a preteen, I left a 30-30 propped up against a tree.

My dad didn't even have the heart to chew me out. I cried silently as we went back to get it. Don't know that I've ever been more embarrassed in my life.
I did that as a teen. I ended up searching for almost an hour before I found it. There was no way I was getting help from anyone for that. Scared the heck out of me. Dad would've killed me.

I’ve left so many screw in bow holders. Thankfully they’re cheap!

I also stocked up on $1 headlamps from Walmart and have em stashed everywhere out of fear of losing my headlamp

As a preteen, I left a 30-30 propped up against a tree.

My dad didn't even have the heart to chew me out. I cried silently as we went back to get it. Don't know that I've ever been more embarrassed in my life.
A family membe rleft his 740 35whelen leaning against his tire and drove away from a spot we hunt regualrly...he left a sign up on a tree the next day. Someone actually called and returned it like a week later. Cost hima a 30pk of Bud light. Rifle was still zeroed and ready to go...pretty sure he ran over it too!

A family membe rleft his 740 35whelen leaning against his tire and drove away from a spot we hunt regualrly...he left a sign up on a tree the next day. Someone actually called and returned it like a week later. Cost hima a 30pk of Bud light. Rifle was still zeroed and ready to go...pretty sure he ran over it too!
There was a guy on a local facebook page who had a similar situation. Left his rifle and within like 10 minutes of posting a guy said he had it. Social media gets a bad rap, but it's just humanity whizzing past you at warp speed. Lot of bad on there, but some good too.

There was a guy on a local facebook page who had a similar situation. Left his rifle and within like 10 minutes of posting a guy said he had it. Social media gets a bad rap, but it's just humanity whizzing past you at warp speed. Lot of bad on there, but some good too.
yeah, theres a local "stolen treestands" page here. I"ve seen a lot of people get reunited with their stands watching that--which is nice.

Back