• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Louisiana meet and hunt

I’m not from Louisiana but I sure would like to hook up. Being retired from Fire service gives me plenty of time for other stuff!
Also going to Mississippi in Late January for 5 days to hunt on some private ground that my buddy’s brother owns! Like a total of 2000+ acres between multiple farms!

I live in natchitoches and hunt kisatchi primarily. If y’all would want to camp and hunt for a few days there’s plenty of camp grounds on it to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im from Georgia, but I have a few private blinds in Collinston, just north of Wham Brake. Im out there every other weekend for three days. Depending on what the birds are doing, I would be down to bring my deer hunting stuff and sneak down y'alls way for a weekend.

I have hunted my whole life in Tensas and Madison parishes. If the meet was in the Northeast area of the state I may attend.

I’ve hunted agendas a few times and loved it, I would be up for heading that way to hunt tens as again in January or November.

I’ve hunted agendas a few times and loved it, I would be up for heading that way to hunt tens as again in January or November.

I’ve hunted “what”? I can’t figure that one out. Anyway the Tensas NWR opens to bow 11/7. Gun hunts are lottery drawing and bow is closed on those days. Primitive weapon is open to everyone, I believe. Buckhorn, Big Lake and Bayou Macon are state owned WMA in the area. There are lots of public land opportunities in the Northeast. Just south is Richard Yancey, Bayou Cocodrie and multiple other smaller refuges. It’s all muddy delta so if this Louisiana meet up gets put together in the delta everyone will need some rubber boots.

I’ve hunted “what”? I can’t figure that one out. Anyway the Tensas NWR opens to bow 11/7. Gun hunts are lottery drawing and bow is closed on those days. Primitive weapon is open to everyone, I believe. Buckhorn, Big Lake and Bayou Macon are state owned WMA in the area. There are lots of public land opportunities in the Northeast. Just south is Richard Yancey, Bayou Cocodrie and multiple other smaller refuges. It’s all muddy delta so if this Louisiana meet up gets put together in the delta everyone will need some rubber boots.
I live maybe 15-20 minutes from Richard k and bayou Cocodrie Both of these refuges can be two completely different terrains. Richard k yancey would be a good one too with the abundance of camp sight spots they usually have.

Lol sorry, it was supposed to say Tensas...apparently Siri doesn’t understand our words. I’m game for anything man, just need to see where everyone wants to hunt.

I live maybe 15-20 minutes from Richard k and bayou Cocodrie Both of these refuges can be two completely different terrains. Richard k yancey would be a good one too with the abundance of camp sight spots they usually have.

I guess we need to pick a few spots and see what gets the most votes.

I’d be interested in this as well depending on when. I live in DeRidder but don’t mind driving.

Sent from parts unknown

Bayou Cocodrie is federal land so an access permit is required. And I haven’t been able to find their 2020-2021 hunting pamphlet for this season. Dewey wills WMA might be another good option don’t know much on their seasons dates yet either.

Only one I’ve hunted is Tensas and Kisatchi, and Red Dirt. All have fine deer no doubt, just have to be willing to fight the squirrel hunters and orange mafia lol.

Back