• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Low signal areas

jgleas114

SH Member
I have very little and often no signal until I get into the saddle. So right now I’m running non cellular cameras. I was recommended the tactacam cellular trail cameras. What I am being told is this camera is the go to for poor signal areas.

Can anyone verify these claims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have alot of Spypoints. I was talked into grabbing a couple Reveals. I set on up where I had no signal on my Spypoint and it has worked fine.
Spypoint had one bar, Tactacam had three. Spypoint sent no pics, Tactacam works fine.
Plus the Tactacam comes with a Verizon card and a AT&T card.

I would also agree that my tactacam cameras work better in low signal areas than my spy points.

I’ve been told that Verizon has better service. Kind of a duh moment but I have never considered a different provider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My phone has 2 bars in a spot i wanted to use a tactacam. I couldnt get a singal bar on tactacam. Dropped a spypoint there and it has two bars. Both cams and phone on ATT

Same here I switch from SPYPOINT to Tactacam and get pictures from every location so far. Several places I couldn’t get pictures from the SPYPOINT, mine are also Verizon cameras!

Back