• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG .5 with 3 and 4 Sticks + Aiders

Country

1618176128757_copy_1024x1365_copy_1024x1365.jpg

Tested how high I can get with 3 and 4 LWCG mini single steps with aiders. I am 5'4" tall. I probably could squeeze another foot, but this was using my normal spacing. Bottom step was as high as I could go.
3 minis with aiders : 17'
4 minis with aiders: 21'

Pretty happy with these results.

Are those measurements from the edge of your platform, I’m running the same setup this coming season.

Are those measurements from the edge of your platform, I’m running the same setup this coming season.
Right, I forgot to mention that. That measurement is from the platform to the ground.

I was a bonehead when I installed my cable aiders on my minis, I bent both eyelets up a little which made them not pack as nice, I finally smartened up and bent one back down so they can overlap, they pack so much tighter now.

I was a bonehead when I installed my cable aiders on my minis, I bent both eyelets up a little which made them not pack as nice, I finally smartened up and bent one back down so they can overlap, they pack so much tighter now.
I also had the same situation. Got it dialed in for the most part now .

Are you guys running the bottom cam strap, I didn’t install that lower versa button yet but plan on doing something, I don’t plan on giving this stand to much crazy side pressure like a traditional saddle platform but I still would like the option if I needed to.

Are you guys running the bottom cam strap, I didn’t install that lower versa button yet but plan on doing something, I don’t plan on giving this stand to much crazy side pressure like a traditional saddle platform but I still would like the option if I needed to.
As of right now, I don't plan on using it. I'm also not planning on using a crazy amount of side pressure, but know it'll handle some if need be. I just don't like fiddling with the extra strap. The three years I saddle hunted, I really never encountered a situation where I needed to use a ton of side pressure.

I ran the .5 all last season and never once felt the need to add a second strap, although i do bring it for just in case. I kneel on seat and toe hook platform up then step back down on it and it gets solid as i need it too. I never saw a need for extreme side pressure on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5' 7" and I need the shortest hitches I can find or I have to cinch my tether above my head... lol
Do you have the same thing goin' on?
Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure I'm smelling what you're stepping in...I bet I do have the same thing going on....can you elaborate?

I'm 5' 7" and I need the shortest hitches I can find or I have to cinch my tether above my head... lol
Do you have the same thing goin' on?
That's where the Kong Duck shines, you can have your bridge within 2" of your girth hitch.

What i mean is, with my tether at eye to forehead height I have to run my tether prusik right to the tree. The only up and down adjustment I can get is a little bit in my bridge...
I'll switch to my phone and add some pictures maybe?

What i mean is, with my tether at eye to forehead height I have to run my tether prusik right to the tree. The only up and down adjustment I can get is a little bit in my bridge...
I'll switch to my phone and add some pictures maybe?
Ha, I gotcha. That's not normal? Lol.

This has me thinking now. I might try 4 sticks with no aiders or maybe just 1 on the bottom. I don't personally need to be 21' high. I also am not a huge fan of the extra fiddle factor and the increased packing and unpacking time that comes with 4 aiders. I'll probably try that out later this week and update with results.

This has me thinking now. I might try 4 sticks with no aiders or maybe just 1 on the bottom. I don't personally need to be 21' high. I also am not a huge fan of the extra fiddle factor and the increased packing and unpacking time that comes with 4 aiders. I'll probably try that out later this week and update with results.

Too me during last season when all the leaves are off the trees. I want to be that high in the tree.

How much does the .5 weigh with 3 or for 4 mini's? Been thinking about getting this setup.

I can get you a more accurate measurement later, but my initial weight with 4 sticks and stand was around 14 pounds. That was with 1 aider.

Back