• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG .5

uinta_highline

I know this forum is specific to saddle hunting and saddle platforms; however, I was wondering if anyone is running a LWCG .5 this year. If so, what modifications are you running if any? Would love to see what changes people are making out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a .5. The only mods I have done to mine is paracord along the frame, Trophyline pouch underneath the seat, glow in the dark tape on the sticks, and foot brackets. I was going to add a Third Hand bow holder but I felt like it defeated the purpose of the .5.

I run a .5. The only mods I have done to mine is paracord along the frame, Trophyline pouch underneath the seat, glow in the dark tape on the sticks, and foot brackets. I was going to add a Third Hand bow holder but I felt like it defeated the purpose of the .5.

I think paracord may be the only thing at this point. I do like the idea of adding a pouch underneath the seat. The .5 is amazing, and I’m really happy with it so far.

I have paracord on my .5, stealth strips cable silencers, and that’s about it, I have the seat cushion on the bottom of the seat to rest my knees on when in my saddle, it’s the perfect height for me, otherwise I would put a pouch under the seat too.

I run a mil spec 200 rd saw pouch. It’s just about the same size as the seat

I put Kifaru straps and a Kifaru 500d organizer pocket under my seat. It’s the perfect size for me. This setup eliminates the need for a backpack for me and it’s pretty light with three carbon pro sticks. Very impressed so far

I’m looking forward to running different variations, specifically using my saddle with the .5—the possibilities are endless.

Running a second cam strap. Nocked down the sharp edges. Flipped the seat pad for use as a knee pad (hybrid use). Flipped the LWCG waist belt (tip from @Topdog), huge improvement.

I thought about a higher end backpack belt and straps, but with the LWCG belt flipped, I don't see a need anymore to make a change.

I don't know what would improve on it. Maybe some paint. A seat more ergonomically designed to perform specifically as a knee pad would be nice, but not necessary for me. A wider V might improve grip on wider trees.

Has anyone reseved a new .5 or 1.0 with out sharp edges? They are saying that they have fixed the problem?Screenshot_20210627-122030_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone reseved a new .5 or 1.0 with out sharp edges? They are saying that they have fixed the problem?View attachment 48696

I’m sorry but for a high end treestand breaking the $400+ price point, this should’ve been ironed out before releasing. I’m not sanding a $500 treestand so my shirts & straps don’t fray...

I’m glad to hear they’re listening and adjusting their manufacturing process. Their stands cater to the ultralight mobile hunters well

Running a second cam strap. Nocked down the sharp edges. Flipped the seat pad for use as a knee pad (hybrid use). Flipped the LWCG waist belt (tip from @Topdog), huge improvement.

I thought about a higher end backpack belt and straps, but with the LWCG belt flipped, I don't see a need anymore to make a change.

I don't know what would improve on it. Maybe some paint. A seat more ergonomically designed to perform specifically as a knee pad would be nice, but not necessary for me. A wider V might improve grip on wider trees.
What do you mean by flipping the waist belt?

I’m sorry but for a high end treestand breaking the $400+ price point, this should’ve been ironed out before releasing. I’m not sanding a $500 treestand so my shirts & straps don’t fray...

I’m glad to hear they’re listening and adjusting their manufacturing process. Their stands cater to the ultralight mobile hunters well

I think they should have at least figured out softened edges at strap contact points, for general safety.

But, there really isn’t a stand that compares for hybrid use. The fix is tedious but simple enough. I got my .5 for $400 from LWCG. I think the value is fair.

There is other high end hunting gear from various manufacturers that need more complex adjustment.

At least with this purchase I wasn’t blindsided when I made my decision to place an order. I can understand folks in on the early runs having a gripe about the edges.

Back