• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG - Lobo bow

Maverick1

I see that Lone Wolf Custom Gear sells a bow, the Lobo, manufactured by Darton. Does anyone own this bow?

Last edited:
I know acouple guys that have em and I shot one of there's when we were practicing this past summer. If I recall it's a darton model they already make but with some lwcg tweaks to it.

It's a 3800 riser with their newest cam systems and a different limb setup. I have never shot one and don't use a compound anymore. But the 3800 is one of the best bows ever made IMO and you can't go wrong with Darton. If I ever get another compound the Lobo would be up there on my list. That yoke system is stupidly easy to tune and it's a rotating mod.

Not to be that guy butttt for $200 more you could get a PSE Evo. Arguably one of the best bows and cam systems on the market.

Not to be that guy butttt for $200 more you could get a PSE Evo. Arguably one of the best bows and cam systems on the market.
That is a Darton yoke system, if not the entire cam. That yoke was on the 3800 from release in 2013 or so. Pse also makes quality stuff. The only thing Darton lacks is a massive marketing department.

That is a Darton yoke system, if not the entire cam. That yoke was on the 3800 from release in 2013 or so. Pse also makes quality stuff. The only thing Darton lacks is a massive marketing department.
My Buddy is the engineer at Darton and that can system has been in use since 2010. Every major manufacturer pays Darton royalties to use their patents, especially PSE and even more so, Mathews.

The reason Darton marketing sucks is because they made the decision in 2011 to focus their efforts on the emerging crossbow demographic. Rex was already making more than enough money off royalties to sustain the archery side of the business. That marketing strategy did hurt them because dealers here in MI stopped carrying Darton’s lineup because the Big three were out selling them.

Back on topic, the Lobo is a massaged 3800 with a less aggressive cam. You really had to hold on to a 3800 and keep pulling otherwise it would wanna rip your shoulder out of the socket but it was a 350 IBO. Some things I didn’t like was curved cable rod because the string ended up in your peep...I don’t know if the Lobo has that feature or not. The other thing about the 3700/3800/4500/Etc risers is that the angle of the grip forces your hand into an uncomfortable position and the width of the riser shelf at the grip crushed the thumb. When I shot for Darton, I tried for years to get them massage the grip but Rex wasn’t having it.

I see that Lone Wolf Custom Gear sells a bow, the Lobo, manufactured by Darton. Does anyone own this bow?
Darton has the 3500's on their website for $450 new!!! This is the 3800 Riser with the newer Dualsync cams. I have a Darton Spectra E and love it!!

I have shot them all and the quality and workmanship of Darton's IMHO is that of PSE, Matthews, BowTech, Hoyt.

Back