• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG mini sticks

okccj

Hey guys how have these sticks been working in the field? Are they solid? Any issues with kick-out? Etc. Thanks

Rock solid. I use the grommets and two small bungees to hold them together. 4minis and a CAYG aider and I can get as high as I need. I use the buckle-less strap method - which with the bolt issues on the ambush this method keeps the strap tight to the post...

cant wait to get mine how high do you think three sticks an your addier would get ya

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have the full length and think they are great. I am not sure if that helps answer your mini question. But I like the full length LWCG and no stick packs like them

I was a bit unimpressed initially. I wanted the grommets to work stand alone... and they were made out as "game changing" / "revolutionary" which they are not, but still work great...

cant wait to get mine how high do you think three sticks an your addier would get ya

I have not measured, but I'm thinking at least 21ft to platform

I was a bit unimpressed initially. I wanted the grommets to work stand alone... and they were made out as "game changing" / "revolutionary" which they are not, but still work great...

I have not measured, but I'm thinking at least 21ft to platform
so you are saying i can get 21 feet with 3 sticks an platform what addier are you using

I have the minis and they are my favorite climbing sticks ive owned. ( Ive only owned lone wolf and xop) Ive done lot of hang and hunts with them this year and couldent be more impressed. The pack ability is unmatched from what i have used, as far as sticks go. Probably going to get more minis or full length if or when they make the double step.

so you are saying i can get 21 feet with 3 sticks an platform what addier are you using

With mini sticks?

You would have to have 5.5-6 feet between sticks so atleast a 2 step aider to get you there per stick.... no thanks.

I would suggest if you are not needing these for this season, I would wait and see what Out on a Limb is bringing to the ATA show this year. If you need them now, then heck yes I am impressed with LWCG sticks.

Height is not a main factor for me. Most trees in Oklahoma don't allow you to get too high anyway and they almost all have lower branches you can use as steps along the way.

He said, 4 minis and a CAYG aider. I think that's doable. What am I missing here?

4 okay... but the question was 21’ with 3....

2733FE24-6467-43BE-9BEF-9C420BBF2854.png

Ah. I missed that post asking about three sticks and an aider. You can get 21 ft with three sticks and a multi-step aider all day.

I'll let you know this weekend... its was just an estimate... I see your asking for 3 sticks. I use a CAYG aider. Its a 40in long loop, hang from top of stick, so it adds 23in to each stick.
With thick clothing probably less.

all estimates... I don't have it down to an exact science... yet.

I'll let you know this weekend... its was just an estimate... I see your asking for 3 sticks. I use a CAYG aider. Its a 40in long loop, hang from top of stick, so it adds 23in to each stick.
With thick clothing probably less.

all estimates... I don't have it down to an exact science... yet.

Sounds more like 15/16 ish with 3. Which is pretty good I probably would get that with 5 no aiders since I am an aider hater..

Back