• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lwcg new platform

Teddy9871

Based off the caption on the post, the ambush might have been completely replaced. Supposed to pair well with the new 14" sticks

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1627689215309.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627689215309.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 411
  • FB_IMG_1627689307233.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627689307233.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 420
  • FB_IMG_1627689312185.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627689312185.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 386
I have been waiting for this, what’s up with that hook on the front of the post, I wonder if the post is longer than the platform is deep so when folded you can clip it on for the climb up or hang it off a pack I suppose.

I have been waiting for this, what’s up with that hook on the front of the post, I wonder if the post is longer than the platform is deep so when folded you can clip it on for the climb up or hang it off a pack I suppose.
That's what I was thinking, they said it'll be available in a couple weeks but we all know what that can turn into

Looks badass!

I am a platform guy but I like that.

Looks basically like the @SRT Saddle Hunter Ambush with the front moved back a hair and sides straightened out (kinda like that). But, I'm not seeing any great advantage over the mod. Frankly, if they overlap in width, I'd prefer the tad longer cut Ambush platform.

It will be interesting to see how they systematize the platform. They are great with that.

The machined logo annoys me.

90ABE510-D6E0-4CB1-AC6B-861E4C857C74.png
32D8B545-2527-40D6-BBDC-672EC9DCA535.jpeg

Last edited:
3.5 lbs.. yawn. It certainly better than the ambushes 4+lb rating, but saddle hunting to me is about being lightweight as humanly feasible. It's strange to see this trend of platforms getting bigger and heavier while stands are getting lighter and smaller. Give me a 2-2.5 platform and I'll pay through the nose for it

3.5 lbs.. yawn. It certainly better than the ambushes 4+lb rating, but saddle hunting to me is about being lightweight as humanly feasible. It's strange to see this trend of platforms getting bigger and heavier while stands are getting lighter and smaller. Give me a 2-2.5 platform and I'll pay through the nose for it

How BIG do you need that 2-2.5 lb platform to be?

Solo Scout weighs 23oz.

Or maybe everyone will crush it & complain that it feels like a noodle at 2lbs

The front hook attaches to your saddle when it’s folded and you’re climbing the tree

Thinking something like the predator size, but machined.

Ok, thats a pretty specific want. An 11.75" x 11.75" platform at 2.5 lbs vice the 3lb one, or this 12.125" x 12.625" platform at 3.5lbs. But you don't want a 10" x 4" platform at 23oz.

I get where you're coming from, wanting something specific. But, contrary to your insinuation, this new platform is smaller and is lighter than the current offering from LWCG so it is actually following the trend of treestands that you point out. It may not be as small as you like, but you don't actually want the smallest available either.

Who knows, if LWCG stays this course maybe your machined Predator will be next year's offering. Or Beast will make one, or someone else.

I think they hit a pretty good size here for many hunters.

It's just, to me, you can get a pretty similar platform by cutting down an Ambush, which could be at a cost savings. We'll see.

Back