M-65 Military Field Jacket Liner

Anobody

I’ve been researching mid layers for the upcoming season.
I wanted something low bulk, puffy but not over the top also light and Packable. so I landed on an M-65 but is it gonna work?

I picked up two of these liners at the thrift shop for a total of 3$. So price point is good :) I’ve taken the sleeves off and converted it into a vest. I’m going to add an elastic fabric to the bottom so I can pack it into itself and with the left over sleeve material I’m debating adding pockets. Also removing the buttons and adding a zipper so for about 9$ and sewing I’ll have a good mid layer
Stock jacket

Sleeves and buttons on off

I’ll add further mods as I get them done.

dalton916

I was going to say pay attention in Sam’s/Costco because they seem to always have a light down vest for sale around $10, but it looks like you’ve got it covered.

Anobody

I was going to say pay attention in Sam’s/Costco because they seem to always have a light down vest for sale around $10, but it looks like you’ve got it covered.
I’ll be buying the pants as well. One unique them about the pants is they are 3/4 so they shouldn’t interfere with rubber boots

Exhumis

I’ve been researching mid layers for the upcoming season.
I wanted something low bulk, puffy but not over the top also light and Packable. so I landed on an M-65 but is it gonna work?

I picked up two of these liners at the thrift shop for a total of 3$. So price point is good :) I’ve taken the sleeves off and converted it into a vest. I’m going to add an elastic fabric to the bottom so I can pack it into itself and with the left over sleeve material I’m debating adding pockets. Also removing the buttons and adding a zipper so for about 9$ and sewing I’ll have a good mid layer
Stock jacket

Sleeves and buttons on off

I’ll add further mods as I get them done.
I've used m65s for years as cold weather gear for both hunting and just camping/hiking. Always suited my needs

Sheldon

You’ll like ‘em. A bit bulky but good stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anobody

Oh yea I’ve had a few sets some I’ve used stock. Just haven’t seen much mod and coverage so I thought I’d share the value and ideas to save people $$$

Anobody

Adding a zipper and elastic stuff pouch hopefully tomorrow or Monday.

Outdoorguy86

Coming from a military background, I absolutely love my “smokers jacket”! (That’s what we call the mid layer you have in the pics in the Army). Mine is still unmodded as I am still active duty and use it during field exercises over the winter.