• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mad Rock Safeguard

Redoak47*

How do ppl silence the madrock and the carabiner ? It makes a racket with that metal to metal. But sill able to slid through with no snagging. TIA

How do ppl silence the madrock and the carabiner ? It makes a racket with that metal to metal. But sill able to slid through with no snagging. TIA

When it’s under tension it doesn’t make any noise. Some wrap their carabiners with foam tape. There has been some recent discussion about using heat shrink on the carabiner.

For me, I’ve never found it to be an issue. But we all handle and carry our gear differently. Mine stays in my pouch until I get to the tree. Some walk in with it connected to their saddle so they’re ready to go.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the lifeguard but same shape.

1) tape your carabiner where it’ll still fit in the loop of the lifeguard. Use hockey tape.
2) lone wolf custom gear tech tape. I’ve had that on the outside non moving portions of my lifeguard for about 6 months. It’s held up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviews on amazon are a little spotty, that it is not very sticky. Is that why you had to go over it with the twine? But +1 thanks for posting, looks like they have camo, but it is OOS right now. But that is a great find!

how did you get the tiger stripe look?...I see black stripes or is it an illusion from the camera?

It’s a separate black string wrapped around it. At least that’s what it looks like to me. I’m curious if it’s for looks or because it’s not sticky enough

It’s a separate black string wrapped around it. At least that’s what it looks like to me. I’m curious if it’s for looks or because it’s not sticky enough
oh yes...now i see it...hmm?...good question...well it certainly looks cool!

It holds pretty well i was impressed with it. I use 2 wraps around caribeaner so that it fits tight inside the mad rock. I tie the serving string on it so that it never comes loose, It sticks to smooth surfaces well but not to itself well enough to take that kinda abuse. I have 2 of them I set up the same way

Back