• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

maintenance jobs?

ImThere

Anyone hiring? Lower Tn or Huntsville, Al area? I'm in Fayetteville, Tn willing to drive an hourish, job would have to be exceptional to move (unless its near Guntersville Lake) lol
Been in maintenance a long time mostly electrical, controls, plc and similar. Been at a desk the last 4 or 5 years. Tired of the abuse
I been here at my current job 11 years. Just looking to see what’s out there it may be time for a change.

I am in the same boat....I've been at my job the same amount of time....kinda sucks when the thing u used to enjoy is tarnished by others.
Good luck with the job hunt

Thank you,
I have been up and down in the department,
I was supervisor for 3 -4 years and it consumed my life and nearly cost me my wife. I stepped down 4 years ago,
the moved me in to Technical advisor, my duties were to train all maintenance, provide breakdown analysis, and make a PM program, then they added lead man to my title again, against my wishes, then in Dec they asked me to take over the parts crib, 6 months later I have turned the crib around, we have lost 5 maintenance guys, now they want me back in the tech position, back on the floor and they hired parts guy, to be honest I was looking to retire in the crib, I feel like they abuse me because they know I'm the type that will do anything for the company but enough is enough,
being told its best for the company and getting pay raises, isn't all that, yep, I'm the highest paid maintenance man here, I have the most vacation , day shift Monday through Friday, BUT I think its time to get a job where I can have a personal life, hell I haven't hardly hunted in nearly 2 years, i haven't fished in like 5 years. Money isn't everything, especially if you cant enjoy it with your love of your life and your family

Rant over, lol
hope you find what your looking for also good luck!

Thank you,
I have been up and down in the department,
I was supervisor for 3 -4 years and it consumed my life and nearly cost me my wife. I stepped down 4 years ago,
the moved me in to Technical advisor, my duties were to train all maintenance, provide breakdown analysis, and make a PM program, then they added lead man to my title again, against my wishes, then in Dec they asked me to take over the parts crib, 6 months later I have turned the crib around, we have lost 5 maintenance guys, now they want me back in the tech position, back on the floor and they hired parts guy, to be honest I was looking to retire in the crib, I feel like they abuse me because they know I'm the type that will do anything for the company but enough is enough,
being told its best for the company and getting pay raises, isn't all that, yep, I'm the highest paid maintenance man here, I have the most vacation , day shift Monday through Friday, BUT I think its time to get a job where I can have a personal life, hell I haven't hardly hunted in nearly 2 years, i haven't fished in like 5 years. Money isn't everything, especially if you cant enjoy it with your love of your life and your family

Rant over, lol
hope you find what your looking for also good luck!
Went down a similar path about 8 years ago. Change of scenery was well worth it. Good luck.

I won't leave my current job till the new job is something I actually want to be doing.....I'm looking for jobs in the outdoors and be free from the power cord....

Anyone hiring? Lower Tn or Huntsville, Al area? I'm in Fayetteville, Tn willing to drive an hourish, job would have to be exceptional to move (unless its near Guntersville Lake) lol
Been in maintenance a long time mostly electrical, controls, plc and similar. Been at a desk the last 4 or 5 years. Tired of the abuse
I been here at my current job 11 years. Just looking to see what’s out there it may be time for a change.

I've worked as a Machine Builder for most of my career after starting out in Maintenance. Building new machines is much cleaner and in my view, more enjoyable. With your background in controls and PLC's, have you ever considered working as a contractor doing contract work for industry in your area? We hire contract Electricians for panel builds, machine wiring and assisting with controls. A license or Engineering Degree isn't necessary but experience is. Down side is usually the hours are long, typically 10 hour days and half a day on Saturday to meet deadlines. One of the companies that I worked for in South Bend, IN, used to hire an independent contractor from South Carolina. He knew his stuff and charged $1000 a day plus expenses (travel, lodging, meals etc.). You've been in the business long enough to have plenty of contacts in your area to help you get going. ;)

I just gave my 2 week notice at Lowes part time for the last 5 years. At 62, I need to rest more. They have me at 32 hours per week part time now. It was providing me money for saddle hunting equipment and sewing machines. Now, I'll have to be careful in spending.

Back