• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mantis question

Hoythunter1861

So I just got my Mantis about a week ago, and have been messing with it twice so far in a tree. However, is this fraying normal? The locations are what’s concerning (Bridge and loops bridge connects to on both sides). My total weight application time has been roughly 10-15 minutes.
3bb7783f2859f64dc1a25566ea1a42c3.jpg
11a3380791f9ac2c84d12fc47a2dc219.jpg
9a709255b98bfcc3c614da6a365a27b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the first pic I believe those frays are the fibers of your buries,if they are located towards the center of the bridge and are equidistant from the bridge loops, so no worries.To me your amsteel looks pristine. The small fraying on the bridge loop reinforcement cover is inconsequential. If it bothers you carefully smelt it with a couple passes from a lighter. I'd say that saddle looks fine. Take a deep breath, you got a good saddle. It's good to be concerned, it shows your paying attention. Happy safe hunting.

In the first pic I believe those frays are the fibers of your buries,if they are located towards the center of the bridge and are equidistant from the bridge loops, so no worries.To me your amsteel looks pristine. The small fraying on the bridge loop reinforcement cover is inconsequential. If it bothers you carefully smelt it with a couple passes from a lighter. I'd say that saddle looks fine. Take a deep breath, you got a good saddle. It's good to be concerned, it shows your paying attention. Happy safe hunting.

Thanks for the in depth response. The one on the bridge isn’t centered, more towards the left hip when wearing.
I’m glad to hear that about the bridge loops, I’ve never hunted out of a saddle before (this is my first one) and just wanted to make sure. I’ve known people who have fallen from stands before, and I try and take extra care now whenever I leave the ground.

Thanks for the in depth response. The one on the bridge isn’t centered, more towards the left hip when wearing.
I’m glad to hear that about the bridge loops, I’ve never hunted out of a saddle before (this is my first one) and just wanted to make sure. I’ve known people who have fallen from stands before, and I try and take extra care now whenever I leave the ground.

Nothing wrong with that. Continue to be aware, and always inspect your equipment. Enjoy.

Back