• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Maryland Saddle Shootout Live 2020 Cancelled

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
@Adrena123 & myself are hosting a 1day get together for any fellow saddlers (or lurkers) next month outside of Baltimore (toward the west side). About an out from DC, about the same from you Cecil co guys , around 2 from the mountains or eastern shore. We are working out the details now. We’re working out the venue now, but a state park pavilion on a Saturday or Sunday is the plan, we’ll dial it in shortly. Just gauging interest (rough head count now is about a dozen).
Plan for different climbing method demos, should have all commercially available saddles represented. Also some classics & DIYs. Well do lunch & just talk tips & tricks. Can you respond here & let us know who’s

Ok guys here’s the latest we have 4 Pavilions reserved for Saturday 4/11/2020 (we can have 40-80 people)
Patapsaco Valley State Park - McKeldin Area
11676 Marriotsville Rd
Marriotsville, MD 21104

We tried to stay out in front of everyone’s turkey season...... we’re working on demos & schedule now. I’m not on saddlehunter FB can, one of you guys get this up there? By the way interest was through the roof!!!! It was a great event last year & promise to be better organized for maximum efficiency this year. Demo schedule coming soon .

Last edited:
Sounds like fun! I am interested, will just depend on the date for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would be interested. Might possibly have my dad, who is planning on saddle hunting this year and at least one of my boys with me if the date works.

I’m down too, the sooner I know the date the better but I’m pretty open as of right now, looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interested and timely. I was thinking about hosting something lime this at my shooting sports club. Looking forward to the details.

Last edited:
@Adrena123 & myself are hosting a 1day get together for any fellow saddlers (or lurkers) next month outside of Baltimore (toward the west side). About an out from DC, about the same from you Cecil co guys , around 2 from the mountains or eastern shore. We are working out the details now. We’re working out the venue now, but a state park pavilion on a Saturday or Sunday is the plan, we’ll dial it in shortly. Just gauging interest (rough head count now is about a dozen).
Plan for different climbing method demos, should have all commercially available saddles represented. Also some classics & DIYs. Well do lunch & just talk tips & tricks. Can you respond here & let us know who’s interested ?
Plan for different climbing method demos, should have all commercially available saddles represented. Also some classics & DIYs. Well do lunch & just talk tips & tricks. Can you respond here & let us know who’s interested ?

Interested

Back