• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Maryland Saddle Shootout LIVE 2021

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
Hey guys @Adrena123 is helping me host the event again this year. Last year was canceled b/c of state meeting restrictions on public land.
This year we have a great venue at a local archery club off Marriottsville Rd on a piece of Patapsaco (similar to last time but much friendlier to the shooting/saddle demo) . More details to follow but the basics are it’s going to be on Sunday 8/15/21 10am-4pm at
Which is located at 7930 Henryton Rd, Marriottsville MD 21104
We aren’t charging an entry but save some $ for a couple good raffles. I’m going to tag as many of you that I can think of, or that have been to a previous event. Just respond & confirm if you can make it so we can plan accordingly.
Here is the list of items that we will have at the event Pm me if you have something to add.

Saddles:AH Kestrel, AH Kite, TX5 custom, Overwatch Transformer, JX3, Dryad Drey.

Platform/stands:Beast, .5, 1.0, Ambush, Mission,EDP, Predator, LWHC, Squirrel steps, Ghost steps.

Climbing methods: Lwcg sticks, Beast Full & minis, EWO one stick, hawk heliums, hand drill & bolts, rappelling gear.
Plenty of miscellaneous gear also……… I’ll try to have 3 different full setups so people can see some different options

Last edited:
Glad to hear this is going to happen this year. I will most likely be there, and have at least one other person with me.

I'll have to check the calendar (aka the wife). Now that we're doing things again she has been more than happy to fill our weekends again...
We picked Sunday in hopes that might help some of us guys with Saturday family commitments……. Hope we can have a good crowd again.

Pretty sure i can swing that. count me in!

Guys this spot is sweet!! It is so private, with field parking, Targets setup from 20 to 60 yrds and at least 5 demo trees all right there. More trees near by of course. Also we will be able to use the grill. I'm guessing we'll have at least double if not triple the people this year.....As a bonus I'm giving rides around the field with my E bike/ trailer....YAY!!

We picked Sunday in hopes that might help some of us guys with Saturday family commitments……. Hope we can have a good crowd again.
I'm thinking it's my nephews baptism that weekend. Hopefully it's on Saturday. I'll find out.

Is there any rules against (or is it an acceptable idea) to make a list of some of the things we hope other can bring so the rest (me) can try or extra gears we are looking to buy? Example, I am hoping someone has a .5 and the new Novix Helo because I'm curious to compare them.

Is there any rules against (or is it an acceptable idea) to make a list of some of the things we hope other can bring so the rest (me) can try or extra gears we are looking to buy? Example, I am hoping someone has a .5 and the new Novix Helo because I'm curious to compare them.

I have the DS.5 end of it....The last event, most people brought their stuff....As far as a list idc...Do you @Bigterp

Back