• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Maven Bino Setup

TexaninSconny

I’m planning on purchasing some Maven B2 9x45s and either the B3 6x30 or 8x30s for hunting spots that are more thick, especially for archery season.

Any of you have insight on which you prefer for tight spaces? I think I’d prefer the 6x30s, but figured I’d ask around before making a leap. And I may just try out the demo program for both...we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For thick stuff, I’d think the 6’s would be perfect. In those scenarios, I usually just use my rangefinder which has 6x magnification. The reticle doesn’t turn on til I hit the button, so it is basically a 6x monocular at that stage. I also hunt a fair number of field edges and carry bigger binos when in those trees. I’m a vortex fanboy and use a ranger 1300 rangefinder and razor HD 12 x 50s. The 12’s are a little overkill for PA hunting, but they work well and should be good for western hunting.

Back