• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Maybe we all have this comfort thing all wrong

Bwhana

SH Member
While searching for climbing rings, I came across this one and must admit it would be comfortable on an all day hunt! Rigging the bridge would be a slight challenge, not sure I would use a Ropeman 1 with it. 90 percent joking, but maybe it triggers something in the right person that translates to something new.

Looks like you would need to wear a cape with it. I agree that you never know what will trigger the next idea.

Someone needs to re-invent the old "Tree Lounge" with no hard frame. I guess I'd spend more time sleeping than hunting though. And I had to just go look 'em up, I guess they're still being made!

I've thought about hammocking up high in a tree over night and rappelling down to my platform at hunting height. Get in a spot the day before and you could get in an all day sit the first day and be in place the next morning before first light the without any entrance disturbance. I wonder how the scent would disperse from your sleeping perch if it was between 70 and 110 feet ( following good scent control practices for all the gear involved ). I wonder if / how would it influence the morning hunt?

Something like this would be a great base for a shooting house. A rock climbing tent would do the same thing

Attachments

• 35AC40E9-CA4B-41E9-A1D7-4AF8E56B37AC.png
    35AC40E9-CA4B-41E9-A1D7-4AF8E56B37AC.png
    825.8 KB · Views: 50
I have a hiking buddy who got to transported via Blackhawk in something similar when he fell off of a cliff in Linnville Gorge.
I need to ask him if he saw any deer.
Maybe wait till he heals up little. It's hard to see the humor when your bones are broke.

I can do all day sits without taking any s@#$s, but a multiday sit in a tree, and you have to worry about more than just pee. There's a little rhyme for ya all.

Back