• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

MBG Sight Light

hokiehunter373

Gents, posting here in a last ditch effort since this is the most helpful group of people I know. Practicing tonight for our season opener this weekend. Planning to take my 5 year old for his first ever deer hunt so we'll be in a blind. Tonight my light stopped working. It's a Montana Black Gold Ascent Verdict and I've had the sight light for a while. I switched the batteries and that didn't resolve it. When you first click the light on, it lights up bright, but quickly fades. Only 1 of the 3 settings work. Does anyone know what kind of bulb goes in the light? I figure it has to be the bulb. I'd buy the whole sight light again if I could get it here in time but everywhere I see online doesn't have it arriving until Sunday and no one within driving distance appears to have it. If anyone knows anything helpful, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Havent used a lighted sight since the late 80's so not sure what to tell you. One option you could rig up is to tape a pen light to the bow and run a piece of gas line to the sight housing so the light shines on the fiber.

Havent used a lighted sight since the late 80's so not sure what to tell you. One option you could rig up is to tape a pen light to the bow and run a piece of gas line to the sight housing so the light shines on the fiber.
Appreciate the suggestion

In case anyone finds this thread in the future: the batteries you want are L736. I've seen very conflicting info online but confirmed this with MB. They don't seem to be readily available at most stores and I'm likely going to drive to an archery shop to hopefully get a new sight light kit to remedy my problem *fingers crossed*

Go with a Viper Archery rechargeable sight light they have adapters for most housings. It comes with a USB port adapter to charge it up with.

If I’d seen this earlier I probably could’ve dropped mine in the overnight box for ya…not sure it’d get to wherever you are by your opener now. G5 makes or did make a light with a bunch of adapters to fit different sights because we all know how manufacturers are with their proprietary threads. I have one of those that also fits my Black Gold sights. Maybe you can locate one of those?

I have a universal fits most light kit on one of my MBG. Have an actual MBG one on another. Swear they’re the same. Both are weird with batts and function too.

Did you try cleaning the inside w a pencil eraser yet?

Go with a Viper Archery rechargeable sight light they have adapters for most housings. It comes with a USB port adapter to charge it up with.
I was all set to order one of those Wednesday night but it wouldn't be here in time. Heading out within the hour to hopefully pick up a new one

Or just take all that electronic crap off your bow. :p

If I wasn't hunting out of a blind with my son I wouldn't even consider replacing it but I've got no experience blind hunting and I'm imagining the light gets pretty limited inside the woods in a buttoned up blind so I'm doing what I can to have a successful hunt with him

I was all set to order one of those Wednesday night but it wouldn't be here in time. Heading out within the hour to hopefully pick up a new one

If I wasn't hunting out of a blind with my son I wouldn't even consider replacing it but I've got no experience blind hunting and I'm imagining the light gets pretty limited inside the woods in a buttoned up blind so I'm doing what I can to have a successful hunt with him
Best hunting in the world with your son or daughters!! Enjoy every second of it brother!!

Props for taking him out!! I have only hunted a couple of time from a hub style ground blind but didnt have any issues with seeing my pins. I guess that could be sight dependent though. Have fun but dont be afraid to be serious or hunt hard too. No way to put a value on all the memories and lessons I learned in the years between when Dad started taking me and when I actually started hunting and the years I weaned out to hunting on my own.

Back