• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Me : 0....hogs : 8

lastnline75

Well that was disheartening, came out to my lease this morning to do some hog control. Figured it would be a good trial run for the first saddle sit before bow opener next week. And right on time 8 hogs show up. And i draw back and whiff one right under him. Could have got a 2nd shot off but one limb i didnt trim was right in the way. They finally caught wind and left...not a good start to my saddle hunting..
eb9b190a27838c96cde9600fbe98c0e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

O well, i learned alot this morning with this being my first sit in the saddle. Now i know what i need to improve on.

I’ve had problem anchoring high and missing low shooting elevated!

Got it, better luck next time. My first year shooting out if a saddle and soaking in as much info as I can.

Pretty sure i just rushed the process wanting to get one on the ground. I had forgot to put my rangefinder in my sys hauler and i tried to fish eye calibrate the distance at 20 yards and after the shot i ranged it at 32 yards. My first pin is 20 so that pretty much puts the blame on me.

Back