• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Meat Eater Whiskey Butter Venison Heart

I did this recipe two weeks ago and it was delicious. My wife who was hesitant because it was an organ was pleasantly suprised at the amount of flavor!!

I'd eat prison food and tell her it was good.

Why do all the youtube wild game cooks have to be attractive?

Don't throw hearts away ever, unless it's soured from a gut shot.

Stuff the heart and braise it, so much better.

Meat eater bourbon is $75 a 1/5 no way I'm cooking with it!
My wife used 1.5 cups of $150 a fifth bourbon to make bourbon mayonnaise with last year. I HATE MAYONNAISE!!! She then had the gall to throw my own words back at me - never cook with something you wouldn't drink.

The heart has become my favorite part of the deer. I have 6 or 7 in the freezer now from my own kills and a few of my buddies' this season. Trying to think of a disk I can make for several of the guys at the end of the season.

I cried. I yelled. Have I mentioned that I cannot stand mayonnaise? I’m still pissed. It wasn’t just expensive bourbon. It was delicious! 25 year old Orphan Barrel Rhetoric Bourbon.

Geezus I’m laughing reading this. Sorry it’s at your expense. Wow that’s a crime and I’m not even a brown water man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8AD1AB28-ECE2-41C2-8A16-0F769F2CEC32.jpeg08653405-3719-4089-ADE4-2AF80CDA0837.jpegDAAF6CAC-90AC-4372-9524-A2508369B0BC.png7243C8C8-03BB-4D73-B845-8B29BC99F527.png
I’m not a good chef but it turned out ok for heart I suppose. Good flavor bad texture. I ate all of it to honor the doe I murdered.

Back