• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Meat Eater

I'm a big fan of pretty much everything Steve and the MeatEater crew put out. I first found them because it was the only hunting show on Netflix when I was looking for something to watch when giving a bottle to my baby boy in the middle of the night, so it's kind of nostalgic for me. Now I listen to the podcast weekly, have the cookbook (it's awesome), and have read all of Steve's books. Really love the way Steve balances mature, well-reasoned views on conservation and ethics with the jovial little brother excitement about just getting out and doing stuff in the woods. Their documentary--Stars in the Sky: A Hunting Story--is awesome, too.

I cook the shanks According to Steve’s oscco bussco recipe. And oh boy...no more shanks going into the grind pile. I love heart, and this year I’ll take the tongue and caul fat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hardly watch TV anymore....... when I used to, his stuff was top notch. I pretty much am either on this forum or watching youtube.

Big fan, learned a lot about cooking. There are a couple of his trips that are on my bucket list

Big fan of everything Meateater as well. If I could have the opportunity to hunt with any tv personalities today it would be with Steve and Remi Warren or Ryan Callaghan, I think I could learn a ton. Pigman and Dap would be my 2nd choice cause you know it would be fun.

He has a show on YouTube called Das Boat and a second season Dos Boat that's posting every few days . It's a pretty good series where he takes an old boat and keeps passing it to different people.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Definitely would reccomend his cookbook. His venison stew recipe is amazing. Wife and I were fighting over who got the last bowl haha

For those of US who are a fan...cheapest meal for under a buck. Will you try it...I am considering it.

Watching it in my office now.. lol

72c7ef7f3d7e291a239b9c6f16a303ca.jpg

I’m a fan of the show but even a bigger fan of the podcast. I have over an hour commute so basically The MeatEater podcast is the only reason to get out of bed on Monday mornings lol.

I love about anything with Steve Rinella. I wish Netflix would get the other seasons. I have his book MeatEater and my wife got me his book on Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game last Christmas. I need to check out American Buffalo. The podcast is great as well.

Back