• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Method 2 Issue?

ChristopherReed

I am new to saddle hunting and my Method 2 arrived today which I am super excited about.

When I went to test fit the saddle I noticed a problem with the bridge (pictures attached).

Obviously I am concerned that with a strand broken the integrity of the rope will be compromised but my real concern is that I will have to wait for a replacement to arrive and with opening day around the corner I need all the practice time I can get .

8ccba7df1861d57f93ee5877828c33ed.jpg

5fc7d3ea8a0a383409e9970a83fc0356.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We build Amsteel products all day everyday and what you are seeing there, is the end of the bury poking through. It is one of our most frequently asked questions. You can either leave it how it is as its structurally fine, or you can snip it back and pull the outer portion back over the bury to tuck it away. If you haven't worked with Amsteel before we do recommend just leaving it how it is to avoid the possibility of messing it up structurally. Even if it is cut back it will more then likely continue to happen.

We build Amsteel products all day everyday and what you are seeing there, is the end of the bury poking through. It is one of our most frequently asked questions. You can either leave it how it is as its structurally fine, or you can snip it back and pull the outer portion back over the bury to tuck it away. If you haven't worked with Amsteel before we do recommend just leaving it how it is to avoid the possibility of messing it up structurally. Even if it is cut back it will more then likely continue to happen.

There is a shop nearby that sells latitude saddles and when I stopped in to show it to them, they said the exact same thing. Thanks for the confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That amsteel binds so tight you have great difficulty doing adjustments. I took mine off and put on JRBs adjustable bridge on instead. Much better.

Back