• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Method 2

shoot2thrill25

Just received a method 2 xl. First 2 panel. Dang that thing is comfortable! Big jump from my mantis. Excited to use it more. Anyone have any tips or advice on how they like to run there’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a fantastic saddle. Hunted out of it the entire last season. The bridge is a PITA to adjust but that may not be an issue depending on your climbing style. The one thing I did can be found in this thread:

Adding the extra wrap keeps the belt tight while while wearing it in/out. I also use the panel straps so that the bottom panel only drops so far. I switch between leaning and sitting alot during a sit so having the straps allows me to swap easily without messing with the panels too much.

I picked one up a week ago or so at their booth at TAC and really like it a lot so far in backyard use. I came from a Kestrel Flex and it made me realize the flex and flex style saddles are really just two panel saddles with material that connects each panel.

I wanted the panel straps but the guy from Latitide actually talked me out of them. The thumb loops make adjusting back and forth a breeze and I've found its pretty easy to go between having it down and up. The bridge locks in wherever you set it on the loops, I plan on taking a sharpie to the bridge loops and marking lines every inch or so to have a reference point on where I like the bridge while sitting or leaning. I haven't hiked a ton with it, but I haven't had any issues with the belt loosening. I did hand tighten the knot quite a bit after unboxing and can see people having issues with that if they didn't do so. If it becomes an issue I will do the mod linked above but I don't see it being necessary right now, especially considering I typically tighten my bridge up when walking through the woods which basically acts like a second belt. There is a good tip in the video latitude did about attaching the pouch to the molle loops from the bottom vs the top if you wear a pack with a waist belt, definitely check that out if you're a pack wearer.

Regarding the panel straps, I have them due to my climbing methods and hunting style. I SRT and 2TC climb and really like the 2-panel for this as my saddle acts like a bosun's chair which I also like when sitting at height. When I lean, I pull the bottom panel up so it's more like a single panel. Once I found the sweet spot for climbing and sitting, I setup the straps so it's repeatable.

They're definitely not needed but work well for my needs.

I picked up the panel straps, figured I’d end up wanting to try them. I went with the xl bc of some things I’d read about hip pinch with the regular. The bottom panel of the xl is dang near as big as my mantis haha so I can lean with the panels together pretty comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back