• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Michigan Meet up. 2022

Meet up day.

• April 30th.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • May 8th

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • April 23

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MattMan81

SH Member
Yeah, it's October. Time to hunt. But. Seems everyone had a good time. Plus a few more guys seem interested who couldn't make the last one. So going to start talking now since everything takes forever to organize! Lol.
Did you guys like the location?
Early May still a good time?
I think we should do a campground. Probably a state campground for liability use?
I would like to make a weekend out of it. Potluck cook out. Bring the families.
I think the Ft.C. should be open this spring? But open to maybe centralized it more in Michigan.
@boyne bowhunter @DanO @MIPublic @BCHunter @Boomah21 @valerio024 @D.F.A @TreeMunkie @Chrighton @T.Clarke @WiscoDan
I know I'm forgetting some guys.
But wanted to start bouncing some ideas off.
With your guys schedules for work, how far ahead should we lock it down?

I'm definitely interested. Missed the link-up at Ft Custer last May. Think @AntlerAddict76 may be interested as well

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Count me in! I’m always down for a good camping weekend and hanging out with other saddle hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on what weekend I’d be in. Plus I love a family friendly idea that would make it way easier to sell it to the wife .

I just got back from a beautiful weekend at Sleepy Hollow state park just north of Lansing. What do you guys think about meeting there? I checked out the one pavilion area by the entrance. Saw a few climbable trees not to far in. There is lots of biking trails, fishing pier, beach area, nice playground for kids, and the campground. (It was to nice to hunt. Biked a lot with the kids) last afternoon there I finally saw some tracks and a few rubs that got me interested. But we had to go.
I'll keep that in mind for later. FYI.

Bump this up. Since most of you guys have gotten your rutification in. Thoughts on dates? Begging of may again? Or want to wait for nicer weather?

I'm a definite maybe! Is this a weekend of sharing saddle hunting knowledge, or simply a weekend of enjoying the outdoors with friends? I'm new to saddle hunting and would love an opportunity to learn from others. I also enjoy weekends enjoying the outdoors.

Last year was a hand full of guys. @DanO was there with some products, hand full of saddles, and everyone else pulled out what they had. Some guys brought a friend to see what they liked. We tried stuff. Stayed as long as you needed. It was a good time with a good group of guys. It's a good thing to go to if your new. Pick each other's brains, and try some stuff you have been curious about. Or even experienced, cause you might see something new.
There was some interest in camping, but the camp ground at Custer was closed. This place would put it mid Michigan. But it's nothing official. Come for the meet up, come for the weekend. Trying to get a feel for what guys want to do.

Last year was a hand full of guys. @DanO was there with some products, hand full of saddles, and everyone else pulled out what they had. Some guys brought a friend to see what they liked. We tried stuff. Stayed as long as you needed. It was a good time with a good group of guys. It's a good thing to go to if your new. Pick each other's brains, and try some stuff you have been curious about. Or even experienced, cause you might see something new.
There was some interest in camping, but the camp ground at Custer was closed. This place would put it mid Michigan. But it's nothing official. Come for the meet up, come for the weekend. Trying to get a feel for what guys want to do.
Thanks, it sounds great. Now I'm less of a maybe and more of a "count me in"!

Back