• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Michigan Meet up. May 1st

Michigan meet up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattMan81

SH Member
It was talked about some in another thread. But figured maybe I would try to start some momentum. When are you guys thinking? Maybe gather some input. April? To late? To Early? It's Michigan. You never know what it will be that time of year. Would May be better? I know guys do some turkey hunting. Saturday afternoon? Sunday?
We talked about Ft Custer. Will there be any issues with climbing trees? (Just asking)
I will probably look at getting a camp site for a night or two.
What are you guys thinking?

I’d be down for where ever. I was thinking about trying to host one at the new house north of Muskegon but if it’s easier for everyone that is south doesn’t matter for me. We should definitely try and get latitude outdoors there where ever it is at. I’d be down for an overnight event sounds fun to me.

I'd be down for sure, never been to Ft. Custer but I know there is plenty of room there. Would be great to get a bunch of guys together with a bunch of different gear. I'd love to try out a JX3 and an XC. Plus people can try different 1 stick setups etc. Let's get it going!

I know Tethrd is doing a Teach n Train event or whatever it's called in Lansing date TBD.

It was talked about some in another thread. But figured maybe I would try to start some momentum. When are you guys thinking? Maybe gather some input. April? To late? To Early? It's Michigan. You never know what it will be that time of year. Would May be better? I know guys do some turkey hunting. Saturday afternoon? Sunday?
We talked about Ft Custer. Will there be any issues with climbing trees? (Just asking)
I will probably look at getting a camp site for a night or two.
What are you guys thinking?
I believe the campground will be closed this spring for maintenance

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Chances for good weather would be better in May. But then you've got to compete with Mushroom hunting and Turkey hunting.

I vote middle of the mitten. Everything (or damn close to it) that’s archery/hunting related is always on the south east side of the state.

I believe the campground will be closed this spring for maintenance

Fellow saddler i met from nearby may have some connections at Custer. Thought it would be ok and a good location. @Ragnar you in here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellow saddler i met from nearby may have some connections at Custer. Thought it would be ok and a good location. @Ragnar you in here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely think it would be good, maybe rent a cabin for the day so we have an area to ourselves?

If you'll have me, I'll join a demo day anywhere in Michigan. Could probably bring a few toys to play with along with most of the saddles out there.
Any days not work for you @DanO? You bringing your "toys" along will probably be helpful for a lot of people.

Any days not work for you @DanO? You bringing your "toys" along will probably be helpful for a lot of people.
Any Saturday in April would be preferred, but pick a day and I'll be there. Should be able to bring some giveaways and toys to try out. I don't bring items to sell to these events but if you order ahead of time I can bring orders to the meetup to save shipping - use code DEMODAY. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Back