• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Milkweed

Jw89

I've been using milkweed for a while but haven't found the best way carry it with me. Ive used crew cans pill bottles ziplocks and even filled my pockets. I was just wondering if anyone else is using it how you pack it that works for you? I put this in sent control because it is apart of my sent control.

If you do a search, It's been talked about quite a bit. I just use a baggie but would like to find a soft coin purse instead. And welcome.

Awesome I will do the search. I like the idea of a coin purse as well.

Can you still find them haha. Thanks for the idea man.

Thanks man im just trying to get this figured out. I appreciate the help!

Poke a toothpick or little nail, etc thru the pod to make a pilot hole and feed a tiny zip tie thru and zip it to a clip.
Keep the rubber band on but adjust its position or tightness so you can pluck floaters from the tip of the pod.
Pods are pretty durable and Ive seldom had the zip tie tear thru the pod.
Not to insult anyone, but this is THE way to do it.
Bottles, baggies, coin holders are not as good. Trust me. I've been using milk weed for 30 years.
There is no other way keep floaters as pristine and a pristine floater drifts better. Period.
65f772ec32852c5d74b790a0b959d659.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Poke a toothpick or little nail, etc thru the pod to make a pilot hole and feed a tiny zip tie thru and zip it to a clip.
Keep the rubber band on but adjust its position or tightness so you can pluck floaters from the tip of the pod.
Pods a pretty durable and Ive seldom had the zip tie tear thru the pod.
Not to insult anyone, but this is THE way to do it.
Bottles, baggies, coin holders are not as good. Trust me. I've been using milk weed for 30 years.
There is no other way keep floaters as pristine and a pristine floater drifts better. Period.
65f772ec32852c5d74b790a0b959d659.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I keep mine in the pod too but haven’t clipped it to anything. I find that when I’ve pulled a lot of them from the top I have to cut the pod open more. Does that happen to you also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep mine in the pod too but haven’t clipped it to anything. I find that when I’ve pulled a lot of them from the top I have to cut the pod open more. Does that happen to you also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I use the floaters from the end I just roll back the rubber band and split the pod a little farther back with my fingers which opens it up enough to get at more floaters.

Back