• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mini Dryad Drey

goody94

SH Member
I decided to give the new Mini Dryad Drey a try and it just came in, I purchased the hammock version to pair with my RC harness. I've only spent a little time looking it over and sitting in it, but initially I am impressed. The sizing feels just right to be very comfortable but not excessive. It will cover from your lower mid back to your knees if you stretch it all the way out. The material is quiet for a hammock-y saddle, I do not think sound will be an issue. I'll need to spend some more time with it to decide if its a keeper, but would love to hear from any others that are trying it out.

I decided to give the new Mini Dryad Drey a try and it just came in, I purchased the hammock version to pair with my RC harness. I've only spent a little time looking it over and sitting in it, but initially I am impressed. The sizing feels just right to be very comfortable but not excessive. It will cover from your lower mid back to your knees if you stretch it all the way out. The material is quiet for a hammock-y saddle, I do not think sound will be an issue. I'll need to spend some more time with it to decide if its a keeper, but would love to hear from any others that are trying it out.

Anyone run the full or mini with a ROS? If so, do you also need knee pad or some tree cushion?

I used the original drey with a ROS last year. I used knee pads with mine but have worn them every time I have hunted from a saddle.

I'm seriously considering getting the Mini Hammock since its basically $120ish. I already have a great RCH that I used. My issue is that I have a fleece saddle that is pretty comfortable except its not adjustable and a little bulky. So do you think the standard or Mini is worth the upgrade as its basically a producting model of the OG fleece saddle.

I'm seriously considering getting the Mini Hammock since its basically $120ish. I already have a great RCH that I used. My issue is that I have a fleece saddle that is pretty comfortable except its not adjustable and a little bulky. So do you think the standard or Mini is worth the upgrade as its basically a producting model of the OG fleece saddle.
Hard to say. I’d go with the mini personally because the regular seems excessive, but I’ve never tried the regular! I think it depends on what you hope to get out of it. If you want it to wrap the whole way around your body, go with the regular. If you want it to be more like a normal saddle, get the mini.

I can't say for certain but I would guess if you already have the rch/fleece and are comfortable with the setup I'd stick with it. The drey is going to be more streamlined/less bulky but if you're used to using the fleece and hasn't given you any issues I wouldn't look for another solution.

What the heck is ROS and RCH? Guess I need to get caught up on the lingo around here! Also, I’m I reading / hearing this right, people are connecting a Dryad hammock to their saddle (I have a Cruzr XC)? Seems like a really good idea for all day sits.

ROS = Ring Of Steps (an alternative to a platform)
RCH = Rock Climbing Harness

Here’s a great post with a great tip for searching short text strings and it contains an embedded link to an acronym dictionary. Shout out to @bj139 and @gcr0003:

Reviving this thread for follow up information: Anybody have any additional comments after some use? Is the mini still a good option for accessibility, comfort, and pack ability?

I am running the full size this year and just ordered the mini mostly because I wanted to upgrade the leg loops and figured I would just sell whichever one I liked the least. I do like the full size one but I fiddle with it and move around a lot thru the day because of all the options. It’s extremely comfy once I get it set up right but I am liking the simplistic idea of the mini and the way I set up the full size is usually only covering the area the mini does anyway. The loss would be the support up the back when relaxing… but I tend to do this and feel like getting into position for a shot would be a lot of movement when archery hunting. When rifle hunting I don’t see an issue. I hope to have some more comments once I get it.

Back