• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mission platform on XOP stand?

tcmetrohunter

Just wondering if this is possible. Kind of a LWCG .5 type build with no cables. I can't find what the size of the tube is on the XOP stand. I imagine the Mission platform is a standard 1" tube. Anyone think this is possible?

I've been digging around the interwebs and found the XOP I beam is 1.25". Would be a interesting build if the mission tube was the same.

Sitting on such a setup may not be much of an option.

The Mission platform is only 13.8” at its deepest length. A lone wolf assault seat is 12” deep, and I think XOP’s seat may be even bigger. A .5 seat is still 10” deep. Trying to sit on the edge of a chair with my feet back to simulate this Mission “hang on”setup actually produces fatigue for me.

If you want a post with an attached knee pad (seat), on a platform with no cables, I get it.

But, if you want to sit, probably just get a .5 and deal with the cables.

A mission platform set up as a climbing aide, I’d be into that.

Totally agree with you. That was my one concern with trying it out since the .5 platform is significantly deeper/longer than the mission platform. Lucky for me I'd love to give it a shot and it's worth it to have both a mission to try on its own and a XOP stand to try out. I did a couple of longer sits this year on some management hunts and would like to have the option of stand/sit/lean all in one setup. It will have it's downsides by size and weight but if I want to go in light and get a couple hour sit in I have other stuff for that.

If you want a seat..... bite the bullet and buy the .5, I had a mission and it’s an awesome platform but I can’t imagine a seat ever working on that thing, unless it was one of those rut roost things OOAL has floating around. Your feet will be dangling off the platform the whole time, it’s always cool to try new things though! Post your results if you go for it, good luck!!

Back