• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Missouri Public Land

MoBowGuy

Anyone know of any good public lands for hunting in missouri? Most of the ones around me (southwest missouri) are really really pressured, infact, ive not been able to find any location in them that doesnt have a stand or camera or some sort of human presence. Also, if i can find a good spot mid state of higher, that would be awesome.

Missouri=pressured unless you ask people from somewhere else.

In all seriousness asking this on a public forum is far and away the best way to blow up a potential new spot for yourself or a spot someone else has. Ive hunted public my entire life off and on the best you can hope for is to catch a spot in a down cycle for the year.

Missouri=pressured unless you ask people from somewhere else.

In all seriousness asking this on a public forum is far and away the best way to blow up a potential new spot for yourself or a spot someone else has. Ive hunted public my entire life off and on the best you can hope for is to catch a spot in a down cycle for the year.
Never know unless you ask. And would the woods full of saddle hunters be a bad thing? Haha or maybe im trying to get everyone to go there so my spots down here will be less pressured haha

I've hunted public lands exclusively in Missouri for last 20 years, it's all pressured. Early season you may find it a little better but after early Oct it really gets hit, especially the northern counties. Thing with most of Missouri's public they have access points every 3/4 mile so it makes it difficult to get away.

Yup, just got both. Platform this week and saddle right before Christmas. Running a trophyline with a podium platform. Yourself?

Havent got the saddle yet. Platform i got a few weeks ago. Got it all painted up and ready for the hunt. I had ordered the mantis, and a few days later the phantom was announced. So i cancelled it and am waiting for the phantom. Figured it would be better for a beginner

What platform you go with
? My buddy just got a mantis, he likes it we both have only sit in our saddles a few times. He has the mantis with predator platform. He lives in republic

You guys should look around for saddle meetups around your area. I've seen a few pop up on here recently...those REALLY cut down the learning curve and let you try everything before you go all-in.

What platform you go with
? My buddy just got a mantis, he likes it we both have only sit in our saddles a few times. He has the mantis with predator platform. He lives in republic
i went with the predator platform and will be using the SRT for getting into my tree...most likely lol if not, i have muddy pro sticks with aiders

You guys should look around for saddle meetups around your area. I've seen a few pop up on here recently...those REALLY cut down the learning curve and let you try everything before you go all-in.
i will be going to the st louis TNT event. and ive looked a little bit for some saddle meetups in my general area but didnt find anything. though i didnt look very long, i think i got side tracked at the time, but i will get on that soon

For those of you close to Springfield maybe we should have a small meetup when the weather get better. I’m just just north of Springfield

For those of you close to Springfield maybe we should have a small meetup when the weather get better. I’m just just north of Springfield
That would be nice. Just found the missouri mini saddle polooza thread and filled out the form. So ill be going to that as well as the st louis teach n train event and would welcome any other events in my area as well

That would be nice. Just found the missouri mini saddle polooza thread and filled out the form. So ill be going to that as well as the st louis teach n train event and would welcome any other events in my area as well

Where is that thread?

Back