• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Modified Mantis? Micro fit adjusters not enough?

ChasingDinner

Anyone tried to shorten the bottom part of the mantis to put more tension/weight on the bottom/rear end part instead of the waist belt? I have the micro fit adjustment things, but looking to shorten the material in this area even more.
Debating on using something like a soft shackle to tighten it up even more, or doing the modification I saw on this site to have “comfort channels” like the Phantom.
Anyone else experimenting with something similar? Thanks

(edited after morning coffee)

Last edited:
That picture looks like you are attempting to connect your bridge directly to the small webbing loop. PLEASE DO NOT SUBSTITUTE YOUR BRIDGE CONNECTION IN THIS WAY. It is VERY unsafe.

My bad, not my intention to use it that way. i was trying to illustrate the idea of shortening up the bottom belt the way the microfit adjusters do, but more.
SOrry, too early and poorly worded initial question. (deleted the photo in the OP for clarification)

My bad, not my intention to use it that way. i was trying to illustrate the idea of shortening up the bottom belt the way the microfit adjusters do, but more.
SOrry, too early and poorly worded initial question. (deleted the photo in the OP for clarification)
Right on. :)

This suggestion from @Allegheny Tom solved that problem for my Mantis and made a world of difference in comfort. Make a new bridge, and when installing it,double wrap the bridge rope around the saddle's bridge loop before splicing. Then you can keep the bridge secure to a lower point on the loop (sort of like Tethrd's comfort channels on the Phantom, but better).

This suggestion from @Allegheny Tom solved that problem for my Mantis and made a world of difference in comfort. Make a new bridge, and when installing it,double wrap the bridge rope around the saddle's bridge loop before splicing. Then you can keep the bridge secure to a lower point on the loop (sort of like Tethrd's comfort channels on the Phantom, but better).

Sounds intriguing. Going to have to go see what he did.... and maybe build a bridge.
Thanks

Just pair the mantis with H2’s TriAd Bridge. Problem solved! This will make your mantis probably as good at the phantom.

Someone on YouTube did this and said it totally changed the feel of the mantis. I’m currently in the process of buying one.

Just ordered one. Thanks for the tip. Did not know that product even existed until you posted about it.

I tied whipping knots on my bridge loops to act as a stopper. Hook the bridge around the knot and it changes the pressures on your hips and legs. So far so good
ccc0145d4a86cb9831f1738658357181.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just pair the mantis with H2’s TriAd Bridge. Problem solved! This will make your mantis probably as good at the phantom.

Someone on YouTube did this and said it totally changed the feel of the mantis. I’m currently in the process of buying one.

Had no idea this existed. Ordered. Thanks!!! Said 9 weeks to build which sucks. Hopefully that's just a disclaimer and it comes sooner.

I tied adjusters into my bridge. Prusik on the line and slip knots on the harness loop. I can adjust the bridge length and angle on the harness.
ecadd2cda7ad62f9d7a859293014a412.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone might've said this already but a long time ago when I had a mantis I had the micro fit adjusters and they didn't do anything for comfort. The only way I could stand to sit in that saddle for more than 3 hours was to almost sit on the waist band. Like pull it way down low. And I've been saddle hunting for 10 years. Not bashing the saddle I just couldn't figure that one out

I tied whipping knots on my bridge loops to act as a stopper. Hook the bridge around the knot and it changes the pressures on your hips and legs. So far so good
ccc0145d4a86cb9831f1738658357181.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What rope did you use for the knots?

I tied adjusters into my bridge. Prusik on the line and slip knots on the harness loop. I can adjust the bridge length and angle on the harness.
ecadd2cda7ad62f9d7a859293014a412.jpg

How did you tie the loops around an object on both ends?

Anyone tried to shorten the bottom part of the mantis to put more tension/weight on the bottom/rear end part instead of the waist belt? I have the micro fit adjustment things, but looking to shorten the material in this area even more.
Debating on using something like a soft shackle to tighten it up even more, or doing the modification I saw on this site to have “comfort channels” like the Phantom.
Anyone else experimenting with something similar? Thanks

(edited after morning coffee)
Well you might try putting a low bite hitch with your bridge on your saddle bridge loops .. this will pull your seat up... its a easy fix if I read you right.. instead of pulling your saddle from center of loops drop it down to suit the way you think you want it ..

Back