• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Molle Attachment Method

Juengels24

J-hooks or S-hook for attaching climbing sticks/platform to your saddle while climbing? What do people prefer and why???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the little plastic shock cord clip things from eastern woods outdoors to attach sticks to my saddle while I climb.... They work good.

J-hooks or S-hook for attaching climbing sticks/platform to your saddle while climbing? What do people prefer and why???

I climb with only one dump bag attached to my saddle with miscellaneous gear in it. My pack and bow get fished up once I am at hunt height using a rubber coated hook from a ratchet strap. My platform is attached to my pack. I one stick and use my rappel rope as my tether.

I’m not a fan of waist hung sticks, but do make a Molle Talon. The versa button locks in well behind the talon to keep sticks secure. They also work pretty well with the Shikar step knob. B4483917-DDF7-45C2-9D23-B9B49DA5D294.jpeg87C42BB1-E96A-4A88-B3A6-1D101999C982.jpeg

For sticks, DanO's J-hooks, for Predator Platform, this...

I use the little plastic shock cord clip things from eastern woods outdoors to attach sticks to my saddle while I climb.... They work good.

Do you have a picture of how you attach them to your stick? These intrigue me..... I use beast sticks

excellent looking product!

Guess I should have added they will work with your straps or rope attached to the button. I just prefer my 7/64 chain to stay in a pouch while not in use. I find it easier to ball it up and store it vs wrapping around a stick.

Do you have a picture of how you attach them to your stick? These intrigue me..... I use beast sticks

I haven't been using sticks lately so I've taken them off my saddle so I try to explain.....the plastic piece locks into the molle loop on the saddle. The top of the plastic has two cut outs or grooves that the shock cord locks into. I put the top step up to the saddle beltline with the standoff facing away from my body and wrap the shock cord around the main post of the stick underneath the top step. Lock the shock cord into the grooves and your ready to go.

Thanks for the clarification! I like the versatility of these. Think I’ll try them out.

Two J hooks on the back of my saddle to carry my Predator. I wrap the Amsteel daisy chain around the Predator, then hook the Amsteel in the J hooks. Stays tight and is easy to remove once I get to climbing height and need to hang it.
126347FA-A527-4032-AA9F-566D0B1B243C.jpegDC9B61AB-CF73-4118-AC3C-A1777F312737.jpeg

Back