• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

More than one layer?

Tac2d

So this may be a dense question, but if scentlok is as effective as it’s claimed to be, why would anyone need more than the base layers? I get the double redundancy thought process, but to me, if it’s that good you shouldn’t need a full outer suit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally don’t wear any sort of scent control but I have noticed in colder weather when I have multiple layers of clothing I don’t get smelled. I’m not saying a deer never smells me but I have mature deer walking around my stand in all directions and they don’t spook.

So this may be a dense question, but if scentlok is as effective as it’s claimed to be, why would anyone need more than the base layers? I get the double redundancy thought process, but to me, if it’s that good you shouldn’t need a full outer suit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no experience, but that is a sound theory and economical too.

Imo I’d go outer layer before baselayers unless your extremely good with your scent regiment and all other garments while riding driving eating etc... but I don’t use scentlock as I don’t think it’s as effective as claimed hunt the wind and don’t worry about it. If conditions are right it’s not fooling the deer eigther way.l

I use multiple layers for multiple reasons: I find them comfortable and warm, the price is right for me but most importantly I'm a smelly dude no matter how hard I try and I sweat like a mofo. So I like having multiple layers as insurance. I understand you can't completely "control" scent or fools a deers nose, what I'm trying to accomplish is reduce it and I think that helps.

Back