• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Moutrie game cameras...SUCK

Newhunter1

SH Member
I bought two Moultrie 9000a game cameras about Aug 22. I put them out Aug 29 and they literally quit working on Aug 30.

They sent out a notice they had problems with the server a while back. I have had problems with my two moultrie cell cameras. Apparently some of the cameras were not able to talk to the server for a while. The cameras themselves have been "ok" but i will try a different brand and will not be purchasing them in th future.

I'm having the same issue and my cameras are on my hunting property 7 hours away. Moultrie support sucks. No one returns calls or e-mails.

A buddy talked me into buying a two pack of Moultrie cams when I first started bow hunting. Took C batteries, crappy pictures, and only triggered it seemed within 10 ft. Ran a cheap Wally World special Stealth side by side one of these as a comparison and the cheaper Stealth won hands down. Gifted those Moultries to a friend who was adamant they “couldn’t be that bad”, he reported they ended up in the dump a just few weeks later.

They sent out a notice they had problems with the server a while back. I have had problems with my two moultrie cell cameras. Apparently some of the cameras were not able to talk to the server for a while. The cameras themselves have been "ok" but i will try a different brand and will not be purchasing them in th future.

These aren’t cell camera. I wish they were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same experience. Mine quit working so quickly that I was able to return it to the sporting goods store within 30 days of buying it... I have two Browning cameras now, I’m in WAY happier with them.

Same experience. Mine quit working so quickly that I was able to return it to the sporting goods store within 30 days of buying it... I have two Browning cameras now, I’m in WAY happier with them.

Yea, I have to see if I can find the receipt. I will get Browning cameras now as my hunting partner swears by them.

I'll never buy a Moutrie camera. I had one that they knew didn't work and put a notice on their website saying as much but wouldn't swap out my defective camera for one that worked...:mad:

See I have the complete opposite results. I’ve got two moultrie cameras that are on their 5th year and running like champs. Just got the new 6000 cell cams from them and they work perfectly, no issues with them yet. Also just got the SPYPOINT cell link and will be putting it out tomorrow to see but everything I have seen on the SPYPOINT fb bags makes me wish that I never would have even gotten the cell link.

Moultrie has worked the best for me....I've owned stealthcam, wild game innovation, and moultrie....in order of worst to best; stealthcam messed up from water intrusion and they said no warranty, wild games seem to last a year or 2 years then give up, and the moultrie I have is 1 of the cheapest "A" series and it's still going after 3 years and it takes the best quality video/pics out of the 3

That's why I stick with non cell cameras. I know it's hard to do if your cameras are far away but regular cameras are reliable if you pick the right ones.

My buddy has had issues with his Moultrie cameras also. Me... I’m cheap, been running my Black Friday 3 pack for $90 WildGame cameras for 4 years now without any issues. Sometimes cheap and simple is the way to go

Ive had issues with about every brand Ive tried. I have one bushnell trophycam and one browning rangeops thats been in the woods for the last six years and are still going. They're not perfect but are reliable. Another rangeops has been out for two years still working, and another newer model rangeops has died. Was out for one year. Also have a dirt cheap wildgame that works like a champ, been out for going on 3 years. I replaced the dead browning with a wildgame stealth pro recently. Wildgames in the past in my experience were complete junk (2010 timeframe) but the newer ones seam to be much better. Primos were also junk. My brother has had mixed success with moultries. All of the cameras are hit and miss, just takes time and $ to sort out the good ones. Stop making them in China and start in the US and most problems will go away.

Ive had issues with about every brand Ive tried. I have one bushnell trophycam and one browning rangeops thats been in the woods for the last six years and are still going. They're not perfect but are reliable. Another rangeops has been out for two years still working, and another newer model rangeops has died. Was out for one year. Also have a dirt cheap wildgame that works like a champ, been out for going on 3 years. I replaced the dead browning with a wildgame stealth pro recently. Wildgames in the past in my experience were complete junk (2010 timeframe) but the newer ones seam to be much better. Primos were also junk. My brother has had mixed success with moultries. All of the cameras are hit and miss, just takes time and $ to sort out the good ones. Stop making them in China and start in the US and most problems will go away.
I have Brownings and Exodus cameras that have been working great for awhile. I also bought a Meidase model P20 .
Got it on Amazon and for fifty bucks it is awesome. The videos and pics are crystal clear.

That's why I stick with non cell cameras. I know it's hard to do if your cameras are far away but regular cameras are reliable if you pick the right ones.
All three of my cameras are NON-Cell cameras. Three hours away from my home...brand new and did not work. Two Moutrie and one amazon camera and all three crapped out on me in One day. What are the chances that all three would do that?

See I have the complete opposite results. I’ve got two moultrie cameras that are on their 5th year and running like champs. Just got the new 6000 cell cams from them and they work perfectly, no issues with them yet. Also just got the SPYPOINT cell link and will be putting it out tomorrow to see but everything I have seen on the SPYPOINT fb bags makes me wish that I never would have even gotten the cell link.

I was thinking about getting a couple cell points as well. Let us know how bad it is.

I bought (and have since returned) 2 xv6000 cell cams. Worst experience with cameras I've ever had. I heard that cell cams ate batteries, but 12 energizer ultimate lithiums lasting 2 weeks? Transmitting once every 12 hours (when they actually worked). Thank God cabelas returned them. And moultrie finally emailed me back and refunded the month of service. I had them up for maybe 2 months and they worked properly for maybe a week. I have a couple other regular sd card moultries and they're fine.

I have since bought 2 tactacam reveals, and they're pretty sweet so far. They're always sold out. Reviews are awesome. I wish I bought more. Cabelas and schnells had them in stock for about a week and now they're sold out again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yea, I returned the two moultrie's back to wal-mart. I will never buy another moultrie product again.

I bought (and have since returned) 2 xv6000 cell cams. Worst experience with cameras I've ever had. I heard that cell cams ate batteries, but 12 energizer ultimate lithiums lasting 2 weeks? Transmitting once every 12 hours (when they actually worked). Thank God cabelas returned them. And moultrie finally emailed me back and refunded the month of service. I had them up for maybe 2 months and they worked properly for maybe a week. I have a couple other regular sd card moultries and they're fine.

I have since bought 2 tactacam reveals, and they're pretty sweet so far. They're always sold out. Reviews are awesome. I wish I bought more. Cabelas and schnells had them in stock for about a week and now they're sold out again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man I’ve got two running right now that are going like a champ, send hundreds of pictures throughout each day and night.

Ive got one Moultrie that has suddenly quit taking pics at night. IR obviously has gone out. Well, let me rephrase, it will take completely black pics at night when triggered....which makes me triggered....Its about a year and a half old camera.

Back