• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muck Edgewater Classic Boots and Wiggy's Lamilite Socks

ricky racer

I've never used Muck boots before this year. Earlier this summer another member here posted a discount for Muck boots and I was able to purchase a pair for under $60. It was a deal I couldn't refuse. What I chose was the Edgewater Classic, a non-insulated boot that I could use in warmer weather. My other rubber boots are made by Lacrosse and are insulated with various amounts of Thinsulate. I normally wear a size 11 so that's what I ordered. The boots I received fit but I felt they should be a bit looser and decided to return them for a larger size. The seller offered free return shipping for sizing adjustment so I returned them and ordered size 12. Those fit much better.

The boots fit comfortably and are light in weight so I was anxious to wear them into the woods once the season began. Rubber boots are great but because the foot has a higher concentration of sweat glands than any other part of the body and the rubber does not let the sweat evaporate you can be sure you will have wet socks after wearing them for any length of time. Because of that, I purchased Wiggy's 13" Lamilite socks to wear with them. The Lamilite socks were a perfect compliment to the Muck boots.

The Muck boots don't have much support in the soles which makes them comfortable to wear while walking, in fact they almost feel like moccasins allowing you to feel sticks underneath your foot while sneaking into your hunting spot, more so than my heavier Lacrosse boots. However once on stand the softer, more compliant soles let me feel the edges of my platform which kind of wears on you after a while. The stiffer soles on my Lacrosse boots cut down on pressure points felt through the soles of the boots. The additional pressure points isn't a deal breaker at all but it is something to be aware of if you are considering purchasing these boots.

I've worn these boots with the Wiggy's socks down to 35 degrees numerous times and they remain comfortable. At 35 degrees my feet were comfortable but telling me that probably at 30 degrees, I'd need to wear insulated boots. The Lamilite socks makes the boots really easy on and easy off. They help keep my feet drier than wools socks and don't feel clammy due to the moisture. The Lamilite socks dry really quickly too. Once my morning hunt is over I just pull them out of the boots and lay them out to dry. By the time I'm ready to head back to the woods, they are dry and ready to go again. My overall impression of the Muck boots is they are very comfortable. No wonder so many guys wear them. Adding the Lamilite socks I feel makes a good boot even better. I haven't worn the Muck boots with regular socks yet and probably won't but I don't know if I could wear these boots down to 35 degrees without the Lamilite socks. Maybe some of you guys that wear Muck boots with wool socks can let me know your experience with cooler temps.

Last edited:
I have Muck Wetland boots. With wool socks and chemical toe warmers, I have used them (semi)comfortably down into the mid 20's.

I have Muck Wetland boots. With wool socks and chemical toe warmers, I have used them (semi)comfortably down into the mid 20's.

Do you find the toe warmers to work well? My issue when using them in my Edgewater 2 Muck boots is that after I get in the tree and stop moving, I don’t feel the warmers. My hypothesis is that for the same reason your feet don’t breathe, neither do the chemical warmers which need oxygen to work.

The chemical warmers are designed for use in a low-oxygen environment (boots). Yes they do work in rubber boots.

To help keep your feet warm, don't completely stop moving, WIGGLE YOUR TOES! This will help keep blood circulating in your feet.

@ricky racer

How does the thickness of Wiggy's Lamilite socks compare to that of heavy wool socks? I ask because I want a pair, but have wide (EEE) feet and a high instep. Rubber boots strangle my feet, especially with thick socks.

@ricky racer

How does the thickness of Wiggy's Lamilite socks compare to that of heavy wool socks? I ask because I want a pair, but have wide (EEE) feet and a high instep. Rubber boots strangle my feet, especially with thick socks.
I just tried the Edgewater Classic's with a heavy wool sock and the 13" Wiggy's socks. The boots feel slightly looser with the Wiggy's socks than the heavy wool socks. I hope that helps. BTW, get the 13" socks not the 8" socks. I tried the 8" socks and didn't like them. They seemed to want to work down around my toes. The 13" ones never have. I hope this helps. Oh, the socks are on sale right now too. Same with select white fishnet base layers, they are on sale but the selection is limited.

Back